Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find an external pump for my TJ. I am running a fuel cell now and need a pump that I can mount on the frame rails.

Got any ideas? I'm not having any luck.

·
2257 Compliant
331 Posts
I am not sure how much pressure a TJ fuel system needs.
According to the FSM the fuel pressure should be 49.2 psi +/- 5 psi. I see Jegs has some inline pumps that get close to that.

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
check airtex e2000 or carter p5001. mount it as close to the cell as possible at or near the level of the sending unit output. the airtex runs 80 to 100 bucks. the carter is more but i heard it was a better.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
???

I am under the impression that it is 90 psi.
No, thats way too high. The 49 psi number sounds correct.

Most people seem to like the Ford E2000 pump, it was a frame rail application for an F250, has barbed fittings on both ends, can get it from your local autoparts store...

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
All you need to order is a electric external fuel pump and a regulator for fuel injection. Then use a fuel pressure gauge to set the reg to 49 psi. Pre 96 4.0 l are 39psi and post 97 are 49 psi. Be sure to put ainline filter on it to.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
You do need an external regulator with a way to send the extra fuel back to the tank. I think the ford van pump listed has that provision. Also there is a late model corvette pump that works but I'm sure the ford one would be cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.