Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Outside of the motor/trans. you will need new radiator, motor mounts, change input in transfer case. also get pcm reprogrammed. Having whole donor truck helps. gonna have to mount dbw pedal assembly. Make a new intake. Tap block for water/oil sending units. And possibly change shifters, I went from stick to auto. New exhaust, sure I'm forgetting somethings too.

·
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
4,372 Posts
I have a set of weld in mounts from Advanced Adapters for a 5.3 into a yj/tj... knock $30 off what ever A A will charge you including shipping and I will ship them to you...

·
Little Member
23,794 Posts
I had a customer with a TJ with that swap. He used more of that truck than you can imagine. The entire wiring harness and cluster too. A tidy swap. The TJ shifter was made to work with the 4l60 too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I did that same swap, finished this spring. More than welcome to check it out if you want. Turned out to be a lot more work than I thought.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,371 Posts
Don't forget you may need to relocate transfer case cross member and new drive shafts. Depending on which engine, a new fuel pump and regulator. And your gauges may not work right.

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
Joe at Unlimited Off Road has one. His is pretty sick, and he did it right, all gauges and everything works as it should. He would have a lot of input for you and even be able to source the parts you will need.

@joescamaro67

·
dave
392 Posts
I did that same swap, finished this spring. More than welcome to check it out if you want. Turned out to be a lot more work than I thought.
Just asking , what was the parts that turned out to be more than you thought?
Just asking I keep thinking maybe I’ll do it myself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts