Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
~~Monster Tahoe~~
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
equal balancing sand??? or the best way to balance my 35-17.50-15 mickey t's baja radials

let me know asap guys... thanks for the input

·
Registered
718 Posts
When I looked into equal years ago it was sensitive to moisture and could clump up and not work if wet. They sold a filter/drier to use between the compressed air nozzle and the tire stem when airing up. If it is still sensitive to moisture then its not a good idea if you plan on airing down a lot.

I did try the glass balancing beads, since they were supposed to be less sensitive to moisture. I had them in a set of 35s and 31s and they didn’t seem to do much good. Worst part was when airing down the beads had a bad habit of getting stuck in the valve cores holding them open. Also tried BBs for a while. Same story, didn’t seem to do much good, though did sound funny when coming to a stop. I stick to standard spin balancing anymore.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I tried that equal powder 10 years ago, I think it sucks.

I also think bb's, plastic bb's, golfballs, and anything else you put inside your tire sucks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I work in a commercial tire shop and have a lot of professional experience with "equal balance" Equal balance is good for over the road applications...not stop and go which i imagine is what u would be doing with your vehicle...you r better off not balancing them then equal/powder/glassbead/golfball balancing......

·
Registered
127 Posts
stick with computer balance if your local shop cant do it find a semi tire shop...they will have a computer balancing machine big enough

1 - 9 of 9 Posts