Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure it has been asked before but what is the largest prefference(sp) in width ppl run iv got a 93 xj 6-6.5" lift and have 32/11.5/15 now but was looking at the pit bull rockers which is 13.5 wide, is that two wide of a tire to run without ripping the steering box off or will it be ok,I am also thinking about running the super swamper LTB which i would run the 34/10.5/15 if i went that route which is what i feel would be better on the steering box.
i am planning on building a custom winch bumper and will use jcr frame tie in brackets, will this support the frame enough on the drive side to allow me to run somthing that wide or should i also run a steering box brace for added peace of mind?
i dont do much rock crawling, mainly mudd and trails a few trips hopfully to the mounds and maybe one to the badlands just to give a better idea of what they will be used for and i belive my rims are 8" wide if that matters.
any advice would be greatly appreciated as tired will be bought this spring depending on what i learn here
drew :woot:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really like those and was leaning that way but seen these pitbulls, what life span do you give the d35 welded just out of curiousity its a trail rig only also

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
i really like those and was leaning that way but seen these pitbulls, what life span do you give the d35 welded just out of curiousity its a trail rig only also
it will break, might be tomarrow, might be in 10 yrs, but they all break when wheeled with tires over 31s

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oic well we will see in the spring then how long it last thanks

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
get spare shafts and just fix it if it breaks......................that and start looking for a 8.8

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea my boss has a nine inch he said i could get if i needed it but if im only breaking shafts ill just fix um till i decide to rebuild the whole thing when $ is better

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true but if i rebuild the whole thing will get d44 for the front or im not planning on going over 34-35 how well do you think the d30 will hold to that with a limited slip i feel i wheel smart not with my right foot unless needed

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
I wheeled a cj d30 with chromos and 34 in tsls for 2 yrs and never broke. I ran 35x10.5 boggers for awhile on that axle also nad it held together, just need to know your limits

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks for everything so far will plan on getting spares and a limited slip for the front probly will go with ltbs also thanks for the advice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts