Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting new meats for my long-armed grand. I was going to go with 35"Claws, but pricewise; going to 37's later they would be a lot more. So as an alternative I'm looking at the 35" Irok radials or the Pit Bull Rockers in the 37" range. Is there anyone that runs these that would give me some insight as to which to get(real world wheeling, not some editor testing for the weekend).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The claws go from $198 for 35's to $325 for 37's
Yeah, I just put a set of 37" Baja Claw Radials on my TJ a few months ago. I like them so far. I bought them on ebay brand new for about $190 a piece. But, like you said if I want a fifth tire it is $323. Did you look at ebay?

Not as good, but still a good deal:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-MICKEY-THOMPSON-BAJA-CLAW-37-13-50-15-TIRES_W0QQitemZ250148430754QQihZ015QQcategoryZ66473QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I paid $790 plus shipping for a set of 4. I would recommend them if you caan find a deal.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them! What do you suggest? What about something in a 36? Like Swampers? You can get SX's or radials.
I've run claws before, loved them. I just don't care for the sticker shock of going from 35's to 37's:poke:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
It just depends on what and where you wheel. I know several people that like claws, but they are all running full-sizes. Everyone I know has runs/has run them on a lighter vehicle like a Jeep doesn't like them. Swampers are a good tire, but the ride and wear probably won't be as good as the Claws.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We run mainly in the Manistee Nat. Forest, Evart/Harrison areas and going to Drummond. Most of the club runs Irok's now; and I wanted some opions on the Pitbulls(the price is nice with good looks), our trail truck is just that--trails only.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
Both of my friends that have had claws, they wore really fast on the road. Get the size you want. Its cheaper to buy tires once then getting some that you dont like and to small then buying a different set later on.
ive heard they wear fast on heavy vehicles, but on my cj, ive had them on for 4 years (only driven in summer of course) and they are still 75% at least,
Although i won them at a raffle so maybe that is why i love them so much lol

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
We run mainly in the Manistee Nat. Forest, Evart/Harrison areas and going to Drummond. Most of the club runs Irok's now; and I wanted some opions on the Pitbulls(the price is nice with good looks), our trail truck is just that--trails only.
If you just run MI trails get some BFG AT's :sonicjay:

I've only wheeled with one guy with Pit Bull Rockers, Ron86Toy....they grip really well. As good as Iroks or other comparable tires. I hope you still aren't running a D35 in the rear of the Grand:poke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts