Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into a new set of tires. 33 inch I'm not sure what to buy. I only do a couple of winter rides, mostly trail riding through out our trail systems. I would like something fairly aggressive but won't get worn to bad while on the roads. I have Mickey mtz now they seem to work alright I just wanted to get some opinions before I make the move.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a set of Cooper discover STT Pro on my Cherokee. They have performed well in every situation I have found myself, just took them out in 2ft plus of snow on a 33 and the jeep just kept chugging along. As far as wear I can not comment because I have only had them a short while.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the cooper stt pros. Road noise is not horrible and they are fairly aggressive. Definitely recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Whoop Whoop
17,257 Posts
I love my Cooper ST Maxx's, a little less aggressive. had it on two trucks now. I had the atzp3 on the xj before i sold it, was a little cheaper than the coopers, but they worked well also! They seem to be the most economical choice as well most of the time for the style and size tire.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just put a set of 285/70/17 Dick Cepek extreme country on my jk and love them so far. They are good in the rain and snow, haven't had them off road yet. They do have a hum on the road but i would say they are quiet for a mud tire. You can listen to the radio normally and carry a conversation at normal volume. Thus far their performance greatly outweighs any inconvenience the noise would cause. However if you want a tire you can't hear at all these aren't it.

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
I just put a set of 285/70/17 Dick Cepek extreme country on my jk and love them so far. They are good in the rain and snow, haven't had them off road yet. They do have a hum on the road but i would say they are quiet for a mud tire. You can listen to the radio normally and carry a conversation at normal volume. Thus far their performance greatly outweighs any inconvenience the noise would cause. However if you want a tire you can't hear at all these aren't it.
You've got to be shitting me!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts