Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im sick of driving the jeep on the highway up-north and I have free access to an 06 350 super-duty and a trailer we use for our New holland skid steer.

Since the trailer is old and rusty and has only seen highway a few times, what kinda things should I go over on it before the pig gig?

Tires are gettin replaced since they are prolly 10 years old and dry-rotted to shit, and brakes seem to work fine, what else should I check?

I figue Ill blast some fresh grease into the bearing buddies and take it for a short hway test since it hasnt seen hway in 5 years

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Check how bad some of the rust has gotten, like if it has gone through or not. I'd also check the suspension and axle for similar issues.

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
Do a service on the wheel bearings.. ( clean inspect, repack) adjust all the brakes. Make sure the rust hasn't gotten too structural (crumbling frame rails). and Make sure all your lights are in working order..

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Do a service on the wheel bearings.. ( clean inspect, repack) adjust all the brakes. Make sure the rust hasn't gotten too structural (crumbling frame rails). and Make sure all your lights are in working order..
Good job in adding things that HAVEN'T been posted already...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts