Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Needs More Cowbell
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've dug through about 5 pages of the forum, and haven't found this, so I want to ask.

Has anyone here actually used a throttle body spacer?

And, did you notice any performance/MPG Gains?

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
I've dug through about 5 pages of the forum, and haven't found this, so I want to ask.

Has anyone here actually used a throttle body spacer?

And, did you notice any performance/MPG Gains?
On what vehicle?
I read that on the 4.o they do a little.
I had one on a 99 3.9 mag and it didnt do shit, even with high flow cat high flow chambered muffler cold air intake and doctored up jet pcm. Spacer was last to go in and it literally did nothing.

·
The guy Dale doesn't know
4,182 Posts
i have had expirience with them on chevy's. on my blazer i went from 20 to 22mpg. when i worked at the gm garage we put them on fullsize trucks all the time, customers saw 2mpg better economy on average. the cheap trans dapt spacers are cool cause there isn't that annoying whistle. but on the downside, then you can't tell your friends you have a supercharger.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
If you run a motor that lives in the higher rpms, increasing the velocity of the incoming air with a spacer and a larger TB will have a better effect than on a motor that relies more on lower end torque. People usually see better results from spacers on 4-cyl's than on 4.0's or bigger.

·
Needs More Cowbell
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I'm going to try and put one in, in a few days, when I quit being so lazy. I'll post if I can see a difference or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts