Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we go back to how things were ????

The way i see it someone spent a ton of money on a web page redesign and don't have much to show for it if no one is using it.

RBB

·
Gustafson
9,085 Posts
They did it to get more add revenue. They don't care about us...

I agree though, it sucks and no one is coming here anymore because of it.

I don't like it over on irate either.... I like the "local" site.

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
I'm not a fan, also tried irate (not a big fan of that either) but at the moment I am likely just giving up on forums as a whole as what held this place together seems to be fading fast

·
Yooper In Training
7,057 Posts
I'm not not coming back because of the forum changes. That's a very minor annoyance to me. I'm not posting because no one else is. I don't need a computer to talk to myself.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,669 Posts
Can we go back to how things were ????

The way i see it someone spent a ton of money on a web page redesign and don't have much to show for it if no one is using it.

RBB
They didn't spend any money on website design though, it's the same cookie cutter format they used on countless other sites they've "updated". They just did this the other day on the lawn tractor forum I just joined. Now when I check the site from my phone, I get a wonderfull pop up ad in the bottom center of my screen.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,669 Posts
If you think this is bad, you should see all the advertising bullshit they rammed into that tractor forum. It's really turned it into a shitshow.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,669 Posts
Does anyone know how to change the title below our avatar anymore? I want to change mine to VerticalScope sucks ass.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it would be hard to make more add $s off a site if the traffic stopped which is what this hole cluster seams to have done.

RBB

·
Gustafson
9,085 Posts
I have not visited this site on a mobile device in years. I will say that the format isnt as bad on my cell phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts