Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
GetNthere
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't realize how great this site was till a couple weeks ago. On top of owning two ZJ's I also am the unhappy and miseable owner of two 2nd Gen Probes One of which I have posted for sale. I just joined Probetalk.com a couple weeks back. A guy I bought some parts from told me about it.

What a joke. It is set up a lot like GL but the rules are unreal, you have to have 25 posts just to view certain areas of the site, For sale and such. You can't pm anyone till you have 15 posts. Then once you get that under your belt you realize the place is run by a bunch of Commies, that have no life and love micromanaging every members threads and posts.

There was a guy selling some parts and in his Title put "FS 96 PGT Parts". One of the moderators posted a reply telling him he needed to take the FS out everyone knows the stuff is for sale. And if he didn't he was going to close his thread and block him from the forum. The guy was kind if new too, he removed the FS but then added some more parts in a post further down in his thread and got layed into again by another moderator who then shut is thread down for adding stuff in another post and not in his original.

You can't post WTB's for parts, only for vehicles because it takes business from their vendors, you can't talk about, politics, religion, or racial topics that might be going on at the moment, that is all banned. In thier pub area I posted a thread about all the rules and all the power hunger moderators and thier abusive practices and the thread was closed and deleted in less than FOUR MINUTES!

So hats off GL this site truley is the Best!!!:thumb:

42,948 Posts
hi!

that is why this website started, because another 4x4 site had those rules.

that website is no longer around.

you couldn't even drop n-bombs

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
"Mornin' ******!"

The ****** Family skit on Chapelle was hilarious.

I thought judging by the title of this thread that it was for sure some spammer. lol

Anyways...yes. This is a pretty big deal, people do know us.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I started on PT 1.0. It was a lot different then.

Problem is now Probes are 14 years old, you can get them for $1,000, and great 1st beater cars for people. So you get a lot of young retards that ruin a site. When I bought my 93 2.0 in 97 it was still $6,500. All the hardcore import posers were buying 89 civics and crap.

It's pretty much like that with all the import sites.

Welcome to GL.

·
GetNthere
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks closing in on a year here in a couple two or three months, Mudhowg got me going on this site. Most of the moderators on PT are like in thier mid 20's and some need to be lined up and thier balls taken. Seriously, it is a messed up, it is like something from a big Gov't Conspericy movie where the Gov't monitors and dictates all your actions. The even expect you to pre submit your parts for sale so they can go over it before you post them! F--- that!! One of these dick bags is from Warren and boy I would love to meet this pencil dick on a deserted back road one night!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts