Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weekends ago I was at a wedding reception in a small rural area on the east side of Michigan. I thought I heard the start of “Werewolves of London” by the late great Warren Zevon, but alas, it was a crapfest by Kid Rock in which he also ripped off Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Sweet Home Alabama”. This just oozes Kid Rock in his longing to be the white trash king of the world. Anyway, people liked this song and were singing along. Yeah, you guys are soooo” country slash hip hop”. It made me hate Kid Rock more.

Here’s another dude who shares my opinion :

http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2008/06/how-awful-is-kid-rocks-all-summer-long.html

P.S. Plus he’s so fake. Do you think this guy was keepin’ it rural listening to “sweet home alabama” in ‘89?

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
I have liked some of kid rocks stuff in the past but that song just sux.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
the only good thing to come from detroit besides motown in the nuge

kid rocks a pile of shit

eminem is a bigger pile of shit
alice cooper came from detroit.:woot:

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
"ripped off" :poke:

while I don't own the actual CD, I'm pretty sure they are in fact cited/credited on the album...

as for the song itself what do you care? it wasn't your wedding. artists "sample" remake songs all the damned time.

have you ever considered boxers? I think your underwear must be too tight for all the ranting you do...

whether you like the song or not, it has a nostalgic quality in the lyrics at least that most people can relate to in some fashion, and perhaps why it's so annoyingly popular. (e.g. thinking back about a summer vacation, or camp, first love, and hearing a song that reminds one of that time)

for me, it's Don Henley's Boys of Summer that has me thinking nostalgically back to a simpler, fun summer time. *Shrug*

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
My brother in law has played that song several times a night every night for the past two weeks back to back. eminem has way more talent

The video for that Kid Rock song was pretty funny though. Pretty sure his high school girlfriends did not look that good in bikinis lol.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
My brother in law has played that song several times a night every night for the past two weeks back to back. eminem has way more talent

The video for that Kid Rock song was pretty funny though. Pretty sure his high school girlfriends did not look that good in bikinis lol.
Eminem wasn't even born in Detroit much less Michigan.

I liked Kick Rock's older stuff, I'm kind of neutral now.

I absolutely fucking hate Eminem though.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
every time you listen to that song a small part of every man dies. we all know what part that is.....

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Eminem wasn't even born in Detroit much less Michigan.

I liked Kick Rock's older stuff, I'm kind of neutral now.

I absolutely fucking hate Eminem though.
I didn't mention that he was from Michigan just that he has more talent then Kid Rock.

Neither of them know how to pick a wife though :teehee:

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
"ripped off" :poke:

while I don't own the actual CD, I'm pretty sure they are in fact cited/credited on the album...

as for the song itself what do you care? it wasn't your wedding. artists "sample" remake songs all the damned time.

have you ever considered boxers? I think your underwear must be too tight for all the ranting you do...

whether you like the song or not, it has a nostalgic quality in the lyrics at least that most people can relate to in some fashion, and perhaps why it's so annoyingly popular. (e.g. thinking back about a summer vacation, or camp, first love, and hearing a song that reminds one of that time)

for me, it's Don Henley's Boys of Summer that has me thinking nostalgically back to a simpler, fun summer time. *Shrug*
actually I wear boxer briefs. don't worry about me, my blood isn't boiling. I just get bummed that people LOVE this song and probably don't even know what songs are being sampled (mostly the Zevon one).

plus I think the song sucks ;)

if we didn't rant on here what else would we do?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts