Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Installed header from 1A Auto, flange matches the intake so no fooling with half washers and crap. Rest of the exhaust is pretty hacked, cat was gutted for White Claw money, splices welded halfway around, not a single hanger or donut gasket lol.

After I got at least the manifold sorted, I got the rockers tacked on and the wheel wells tacked in. I picked up some 1/4 round stock for the flare if I decide to keep it, or I'll just cut it flush, no big deal either way.

Ran out of wire at 11am on Thanksgiving, so that kinda put a damper on things, intended to move on to the bastard pack and rear discs tomorrow, but I guess it'll wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks good. Great base to build from for sure. Tube fenders on my to do list. I will follow your progress. Led lights are nice upgrade over replacing tails. I installed rear corners cause of 6 taillights, have yet to touch a corner after install.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks good. Great base to build from for sure. Tube fenders on my to do list. I will follow your progress. Led lights are nice upgrade over replacing tails. I installed rear corners cause of 6 taillights, have yet to touch a corner after install.
I'm on the fence on LED tails.

I'm giving it to my niece. She doesn't care, won't use them, won't notice, will never break a stock one, and I don't want to spend the money.

However... The harness is completely pooched and so was everyone I looked at in three junkyards. They all seem to rot the lower corner out, then spray goes up there and soaks the unsealed connector and they corrode to death.

So making a box is easy enough, I just don't want to get into buying the converters and everything else.

We'll see how I feel as actual drive time get's closer in the next month or so.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm on the fence on LED tails.

I'm giving it to my niece. She doesn't care, won't use them, won't notice, will never break a stock one, and I don't want to spend the money.

However... The harness is completely pooched and so was everyone I looked at in three junkyards. They all seem to rot the lower corner out, then spray goes up there and soaks the unsealed connector and they corrode to death.

So making a box is easy enough, I just don't want to get into buying the converters and everything else.

We'll see how I feel as actual drive time get's closer in the next month or so.
I have some leftovers from a 99 XJ I parted out and may have the wiring your looking for. I'll take a look and see if I have it if you're interested. It's been collecting dust on my shelf for over a year, so it will be cheap. The wiring was in decent shape when removed.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have some leftovers from a 99 XJ I parted out and may have the wiring your looking for. I'll take a look and see if I have it if you're interested. It's been collecting dust on my shelf for over a year, so it will be cheap. The wiring was in decent shape when removed.
That would be awesome, I appreciate it! I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible while not having it look like it runs on EBT lol.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Saturday was my company Christmas party, so I had to go fly the departmental flag.

Sunday I dug into the wiring, got that squared away, and got the final patch made for the passenger side lower 1/4.

This week I need to work on squaring away my garage now that I've evicted my wifes crap and hopefully I'll be able to do both the other side patch, seam seal everything, and do the rear bastard pack next weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Have the flares mostly where they'll be for the winter at least. I'll do the round stock edges in the spring when I replace the hatch and paint it.

Also have the bastard pack in and built. I think it's going to be higher than 3" I wanted, I'll try to get home early and bolt the axle up tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So, looks like I was wrong, and got the pack right on the first time.

I'm actually slowly not hating this POS and myself for getting into this now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Exhaust is done, brakes are done, shock relocation is done... Ordered the wrong size tires so that sucks.

Need to do the Azzys shift linkage, get the new tires on it, and it's ready to drive. Still a million little things to do though

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks guy's!

Tires are supposed to be in today, Cooper AT's, 265/70r16.

It's difficult to constantly pull myself back from what I would do, like 4.56's and lockers lol. I have to remind myself Melanie just want's to get A to B safely, she's never going to climb a rock ledge lol.

I am going to do a Dirtbound Offroad bumper, and that will pretty much wrap this project besides whatever comes up driving it.

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Thanks guy's!

Tires are supposed to be in today, Cooper AT's, 265/70r16.

It's difficult to constantly pull myself back from what I would do, like 4.56's and lockers lol. I have to remind myself Melanie just want's to get A to B safely, she's never going to climb a rock ledge lol.

I am going to do a Dirtbound Offroad bumper, and that will pretty much wrap this project besides whatever comes up driving it.
Umm if you're giving this to a new driver it might need a front bumper.
:poke: :sonicjay:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts