Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp...

I don't remember if I ever made a post about the JCR XJ or not, so I'm making another one for the updates.

Anywho...

Here is the XJ when I brought it home:

bastard 3.5" lift
Rubi rims/tires
JCR Bumpers (F&R)
JCR Sliders
4.0, 242, AW4

I got some of the cheap stuff out of the way first (CB, JKS Quicker Discos [thanks Deaner!], HiLift, etc...)

The original plan was to keep this one clean, but a few trips to the Mounds has ruined that forever.

The fender flares didn't stand a chance...Didn't even make it through the 2nd trip...

So, I've been driving around with the front fenders cut and the back ones in an "in process" state for the past couple of months, and I figured it was time to trim up the back.

Big thanks to gofastbobby for giving me help and beer so I could finish the job.

BTW, we used a dremel on the back fenders...I wish I would have used that on the fronts. It leaves a much cleaner, less abrasive edge because it does not remove as much material.

It looks so good that I might have to re-do the fronts.

Anywho, I'm tossing around the thought of painting it like a rustic army vehicle (olive green with a star on the hood), and I'm also thinking a set of 32x9.5 somethings would look slick under it next.

:nana:

·
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm still sayin that you should've climbed teh stump...phil wouldnt be able to climb it...glad to see it finished well.
No offense to her, but I need a better spotter than Bekah if I'm going to try to climb that stump and not cause some kinda body damage. It doesn't even have a flat top to it.

Maybe next time you come over.

OnlyInMyXJ22 said:
Looks good!!! I like it.
Thanks!

·
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeep looks good but WTF happened in your kitchen?
Hahahahahaha!

I rent from this dude, and he never cleans up...evar.

That skillet has been there with cooked meat in it for 3 months, the dishes have been there for 8 or 9 months (or so), and...yeah...but rent is cheap, so I don't complain.

Thanks for the compliments though!

·
Feel lucky?
5,147 Posts
Nice man nice

·
Mall Rated
1,587 Posts
Looks pretty sweet with the wheel openings opened up a bit. I would hold off on the paint until the current paint has seen better days. Wait til you get dents and such to give it real character.

·
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah...

I'm kinda thinkin to keep it black...but maybe a flat black...

and the paint is pretty well scratched and I'm getting some rust, but I'll at least give it until next summer.

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
Yeah...

I'm kinda thinkin to keep it black...but maybe a flat black...

and the paint is pretty well scratched and I'm getting some rust, but I'll at least give it until next summer.
Scratched gloss black is better than unscratched flat. Just my two cents. But if you paint those side plastic panels on the doors, they could look good either in matching black or in matching silver. Might look better. Have you tried buffing some of the scratches?

Is this your daily grinder?

What are your thoughts on performance mods? Maybe skids or lockers?

·
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
was it in a war or something?

·
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
was it in a war or something?
You ever read Iron Man when you were a kid?

There was another character named "War Machine".

His suit was silver and black and he had way better weapons.

Therefore, I deem this Jeep "War Machine".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts