Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Bam!

Jon, @laxman1306 on here, offered to spay the Jeep for us. The paint job and color turned out better and prettier than I expected and I can’t wait to see it out in the sun with all the flake it has in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Low Range Drifter
8,336 Posts
Wow great progress. Good color scheme.

For most of my brackets, I have moved towards Rustoleum Semigloss black over full gloss. It hides my suboptimal work.

I've thought about picking up that AHP tig welder. Seems like a cheap-ish way to get into TIG. It's something I'd like to learn and be proficient with.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Wow great progress. Good color scheme.

For most of my brackets, I have moved towards Rustoleum Semigloss black over full gloss. It hides my suboptimal work.

I've thought about picking up that AHP tig welder. Seems like a cheap-ish way to get into TIG. It's something I'd like to learn and be proficient with.
The AHP has been a great machine for me. It's the only welder I have in my shop so I pretty much forced myself to get proficient with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Thanks everyone!

I cut holes and mounted up the cable shifters for the atlas as well as a switch panel I had a friend cut out for me this past summer. I only have around $16 into the entire switch panel which is much better than the $250+ that I was looking to buy. And this one is a perfect fit for my console.

Got the rear end all painted, assembled, and installed.

Then the front.

Got the fans and fan shroud all installed.

Plenty of room to the engine.

Threw some body panels on.

And remade the upper radiator mount so it would work to hold on the fan shroud, painted it, threw it in, and finally took the cardboard off the radiator

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Then we rolled it outside for some nicer pictures. It felt really good to see it out in the sun.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
We got a lot done yesterday.

I started with installing the exhaust since I wrapped it last week and it was all ready to go.

While I was working with the exhaust my dad was working on finishing up the engine harness and installing it. It turned out stupid clean.

After that I worked on the fuel cell firewall and got that all fitted up. I made it vertical at the bottom so I will still have storage space behind the seats.

Then I mounted up the pedals and air filter.

A shot of the exhaust installed. I also made tabs for the tranny cooler lines and mounted those up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
More assembly

Seats and harnesses. I got the harnesses for free a couple years ago since they were old but they will be getting replaced with PRP harnesses shortly.

Rolled it outside to clean up again

And then I got to drive it for the first time. Overall it was a very successful first drive. There were a couple leaks and a noise from the front of the transmission area we need to look into but other than that it went great.

Coolant overflow

And then I tested to see if the soft top fits. It does which is awesome because that means I’ll be able to start daily driving it as soon as the Jeep is ready instead of having to wait for warmer weather.

161 - 180 of 183 Posts