Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone worked for them? I was offered an interview for a few different positions such as internet sales, service manager, and sales manager at a couple of their 20 some odd franchises.

If none of you have worked for them, what's their general reputation besides being huge.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
We've leased 2 cars through suburban ford, once OK, once the sales team tried every trick in the book on me to screw me over.

PM trailrail302, I think he works there..

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
my brother works there. he's been through rough times at their hands.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Suburban Chrysler Jeep can kiss my ass.

The suburban group will never see any of my money again.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Suburban Chrysler Jeep can kiss my ass.
I liked my sales guy there, but it literally took months of phone calls to their finance manager to get my money refunded on the extended warranty. I could tell they were really trying to wear me out.

Their Troy VW dealership I just cannot support. Incompetent beyond belief!

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
I've made sales contacts with them, they have thier stuff together and do good business from what I can tell/know on the GM service and parts operations end of the deall........

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
bought 3 vehicles from them and have been real pleased. when I got my avalanche the payoff check to loan company on the trade in was lost by the lein bank and suburban bent over backwards to sort it all out.

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
I work at Suburban Honda and I have no complaints......But if you get a job there I will be complaining.....
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

My brother has worked for them for years. He is doing well and likes it. Well I'm guessing he likes it. He never has anything bad to say about work. He actually says they offer him cool benifits.

Good Luck.:thumb:

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
I liked my sales guy there, but it literally took months of phone calls to their finance manager to get my money refunded on the extended warranty. I could tell they were really trying to wear me out.

Their Troy VW dealership I just cannot support. Incompetent beyond belief!

For me, they tried no less than 7 different times to slip in extra costs on me, that were 'mistakes'... funny how mistakes are always nice round numbers like $500.. Very dishonest sales staff.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
For me, they tried no less than 7 different times to slip in extra costs on me, that were 'mistakes'... funny how mistakes are always nice round numbers like $500.. Very dishonest sales staff.
that's any dealership for that matter. Consider yourself one up since you actually take the time to read. they do that becuase they can get away with it becuase 90% of their customers don't read. just like when you give them the down payment. they'll take it off then add extra charges here and there to make up that money and just pocket your down payment. I have busted dealer doing this a ton of times, you just have to pay attention.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
that's any dealership for that matter. Consider yourself one up since you actually take the time to read. they do that becuase they can get away with it becuase 90% of their customers don't read. just like when you give them the down payment. they'll take it off then add extra charges here and there to make up that money and just pocket your down payment. I have busted dealer doing this a ton of times, you just have to pay attention.
Well, I've bought 10 cars new over the last 15 years, i've only had that level of old-school cheating on this last experience.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts