Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe the front half tonight :tonka:

Thought it would be fun to do an hour by hour update on a cage build... if i had a webcam I would set it up :sonicjay:

This is UnlimitedLove's rubi. (Yes he has 35's sitting in the office for them, just running the stock tires to make it easier...)

Starting with a naked Unlimited.

Updates at 9:00!

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, got one piece of tube cut, realized that we were out of paint thinner to clean the tube.

Ran to K-mart to get thinner
Dramatization

Also got dinner from Jimmy Johns...

That is me sitting down.

I would say progress is good. :tonka:

Also K-Mart had web cams on sale for 14.99... after dinner we will have live video :woot:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
What shitty paint job. The sport bars and the floor not painted from Factory. . . . :sonicjay:

Sorry for the rush job!!! I have complete confidence in you guys :woot:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
where is teh buttsecks

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
you should get some of those cameras that people can control over the internet. that way people can follow you around the shop and actually watch some work getting done instead of just looking at a jeep the whole time.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, going home I guess.

Those of you on the cam that saw me screwing with these down bars for 2 hours... here is why... they are a pretty tight fit without modding anything under the dash. We also don't want any of the dash to have ugly gaps around the tubes...

Still have to do grab handles, front frame tie-ins, a little more work on the rear of the cage, then finish weld.

Thanks for the beer FF, I owe you one :thumb:

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Mmmmm....Jimmy John's. :nana: Cage looks good. Do you guys ever sleep, though?

Craig

1 - 20 of 26 Posts