Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Turbos, after being kinda common in the 80s, ought to be making a successful comeback, with the much better capabilities of engine management.

You can have a ~2.5 liter turbo 4 cyl making 400 ft-lbs and 400 hp with excellent driveability.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Car = 15 psi
Truck = 38 psi
Oh, there are cars running 38 psi.. the difference is most of them are making 800+ hp and torque... (single turbo supras, for example.. or skylines or GNXs, etc...)

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Turbos, after being kinda common in the 80s, ought to be making a successful comeback, with the much better capabilities of engine management.

You can have a ~2.5 liter turbo 4 cyl making 400 ft-lbs and 400 hp with excellent driveability.
My 2.0L SuperCharged 4cly makes 275hp and 215ft-lbs and still gets 30mpg in the city.

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
Oh, there are cars running 38 psi.. the difference is most of them are making 800+ hp and torque... (single turbo supras, for example.. or skylines or GNXs, etc...)
Oh I know. I was just stating, my car is 15 (supercharger), while my truck gets 38 (turbo diesel). An efficient supercharger on my engine running about 20 psi would be scary.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
forced induction is the only way to roll...
my buddies 98' GTP with similar mods to my old one went 13.80s

my bigass dodge boosts 45psi but the drive pressures are pretty crazy.....needs a bigger brother :)

KartRacer with 20psi you would have insane detonation
Also need to cool the intake charge down a bit....this is where superchargers fail. They aren't as easy to intercool as a turbo.

·
Many much Moosen
587 Posts

I hope their making a comeback. We're busy as hell at work with just our wastegate and bov production, let alone the increase in turbo orders we have seen over the past 6-10 months.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
GM's working on superchaged V8s :)

My SRT-4 was a blast. Too bad it was a FWD motor. High 20s on the freeway, ran low 13s, easy 300hp with parts from the dealer.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
haggar, im not going to be the leak..... lets just say its replacing the ls7.....
I don't need you to leak it to me, I'm on the GM/Opel team at work on zeta platform. I spend a good amount of my time in GM Warren, (or Russelsheim or Melbourne or Shanghai..) My line might not be the biggest dog in the kennel, but still respectable..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts