How come 92% of the time the first reply to the seller is:

"Only If I had the money! I'd be heading over to pick it up right now!!!"
"Only if I had the money"
"wow, nice ride, too bad I'm broke till next month"
"Bad ass man! "(selling price $4500)"will you take a grand?"
"Will you separate the rear glass (from a $1000 hard top)"

um and ect...

:miff:
because asking never hurt anybody. what's the worst that'll happen. they either say "yes" or "no".

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
i say its all nice way to BTT a thread and keep it up top

42,948 Posts
if you have a problem with the marketplace, please pm me, and ask to have your access removed to it.

Then you don't have to cry about it.

99grandtj does one hell of a job at keeping the marketplace clean. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
if you have a problem with the marketplace, please pm me, and ask to have your access removed to it.

Then you don't have to cry about it.

99grandtj does one hell of a job at keeping the marketplace clean. :thumb:
Ya and if it were less " clean " maybe id find something id buy in there :naughty:

Now to answer the actual question that was asked . ITs because we are in Michigan and we be a bunch of broke ass mofo's :poke:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The first 3 arent making an offer, they are just pointing out they are broke.

daumn......do i have to spell out everything??? i'm getting the feeling i'm on todays follow around and :junk" list aren't I??? LOL

fine

1,2 and part of 3 are people who aren't as fortunate to have as much money laying around as other, and probably would buy it if they had money. those are frases people here me say on a daily basis. unfortunately i don't make alot.......sorry.........any money right now.

part of 3 and then 4,5 are valid questions. what's the worst that can happen. the seller either says "yes" or "no". often times if people just want something gone, they might post it for more just to see if somebody will bite. and if not, they'll entertain offers by people. other times items might have been posted for some time, and then they might just take any offer since it hasn't sold in x-amount of time.

i often make people offers that are way below asking. simply because i don't have the money. i've had 1 or 2 people on this board entertain my offers and help me out. and that's highly appreciated. on another forum, i bought a part for less after it had been unsold for almost a year. and guess what.......i didn't have the money for it. but since it hadn't sold, and the guy was being nice, he allowed me to make payments on the item. to show my appreciation for him helping me out, i gave him an extra payment on top of the agreed price.

so does daydreaming about what you would like to have, or making offers regardless how low or silly, hurt anybody??? no.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Ya and if it were less " clean " maybe id find something id buy in there :naughty:

Now to answer the actual question that was asked . ITs because we are in Michigan and we be a bunch of broke ass mofo's :poke:

poor nail...............he got a sledge hammer dropped right on his head..

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
it would be my guess that the longer the **** runs things in lansing the more posts like that you will see.

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
i'm getting the feeling i'm on todays follow around and :junk" list aren't I??? LOL
FYI look at post #2, who is following who... and based on your philosophy I am going to grab a paper tomorrow and call everyone whom I think has a nice ride that I would like to have and tell them, man that is a nice ride, wish I had the money to buy it. This would clutter up their phone line as I am sure they would love it.... same principal... the for sale threads should only have questions that pertain to the vehicle so that people who actually have money doesnt have to sort through pages of shit to figure out anything about it... hell if I were the mod I would delete anything that wasnt a question....

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
I just thought I would bring up some things I've seen today.
These replies have been getting more frequent, I didn't want anything to get out of hand.
this thread is offically useless

thats what i seen going on today:tonka:

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
ummmm...
WHO FUCKING CARES !
Oh noes !!! Someone made a useless post.. Shit bitch if that were the case this side would be shut down from useless post..
My lady liberty's a lemon GONE !
I ride dirt bikes and start shit online GONE !
Im fat and .. nevermind

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Half of the reason I'm replying is because I've been stuck in the day dream of buying a rig next summer. The last few days I've been browsing and a few I would really buy if I had the money, but not graduating until December kind of puts a damper on that.

So I apologize for bumping sales posts, complimenting people on their rigs that they are selling, and being a broke ass college student.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts