Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Craig-
Yes, still running the Scrambler! Not sure the last time we talked, but it now has an NV3550 trans in place of the T-176 and I built a D44 for the front axle to match the rear. Detroits in both. Still turns a lot of heads when out and about.
Awesome. As usual, it sounds like you've made some really nice improvements. :cool:

Good luck with your project in TN. Hoping to do something similar, but I'm not sure I want go south. I'm more of a UP guy, but property values up there have exploded as they have here. Patience is the name of the game now, I will wait for the market to crash, or do something on my existing parcel.
Thanks, and good luck to you, too. I personally think a crash will happen sooner than later.

·
Simplify...
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
As opposed to 4.25% on income, plus another 6% in sales tax.

Are groceries and similar exempt from sales tax?
(y) Just thought I'd mention the tax rate for an apples-to-apples comparison.

Groceries are not tax-exempt, but they did exempt them for the month of October, I believe. I'm not sure if this is a regular thing, or just a stop-gap due to the ridiculous inflation.

·
Yooper In Training
7,616 Posts
:D

Likewise, Derek. I'll PM you shortly...could definitely use some help finding me a Jeep in the near future. (y)
Mine will likely be on the market come spring, you can get your old 4.0L back with a bunch of cool parts attached at a slim 5000% markup!

House and property look great BTW and good choice on the Kubota.

• Haha
Reactions: 1x1_Speed_Craig

·
Simplify...
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mine will likely be on the market come spring, you can get your old 4.0L back with a bunch of cool parts attached at a slim 5000% markup!

House and property look great BTW and good choice on the Kubota.
LOL. I'm looking for a stock CJ, though. (y)

Thanks, on both accounts. Loving the house, although it's been stressful (especially with this weird high wind zone we're in), and the tractor has been great for around the property.

·
Postal Scrambler
809 Posts
Very cool, glad you linked this from CJ-8.com, I hadn't been on here in years... I need to list some stuff for sale on here.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Scrambler for you.

Reactions: 1x1_Speed_Craig
21 - 31 of 31 Posts