Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought our house from an old lady who was the original owner of the home which was built in 1971.

NOTHING CHANGED from 1971 till we moved in!! :sonicjay:

What we started with.

And then we moved in and added our funiture.

And then I went crazy and replaced the walls, hardwired my surround sound. Added an electrical outlet above the fire place for my flatscreen. Then put up crown moulding.

Had some one lay the floor (very very good price if your interested) and then finished it with baseboard.

We know have this!

I have to finish some little things like switching all the old brown switches out for some nice new white ones and shoe around the fireplace and refinish the mantle but it's pretty much done!!! :woot::woot::nana::nana::nana::woot::woot:

So what do you guys think?

Cannon Approves :thumb:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's missing a man chair which I'm getting for christmas!! I can't wait!

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
Isn't it hard to watch T.V. on the couch, seems like you would get a neck cramp. But it looks good.

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
doesnt look too bad. we had the same brown fake wood panneling in my living room when we moved in. i just put up new molding and painted over it white and it turned out pretty good

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually perfect viewing if your laying down. The man chair will be awesome!

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
I'd get rid of the two seater and face the three seater directly towards the tv.

Also seems like the TV is a bit high.

But, what the fuck do I know. Looks a lot better than it did that's for sure. :beer:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'd get rid of the two seater and face the three seater directly towards the tv.

Also seems like the TV is a bit high.

But, what the fuck do I know. Looks a lot better than it did that's for sure. :beer:

TV points down at you. It's roughly 6" of the mantle. But yeah, it takes a second or two to get used too.

And that big open room is for my new MAN CHAIR :naughty:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Nice job with the room, looks way better. I personally would've gone with a different TV/couch layout, but I'm not the one living there so I can't complain.

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
Looks awesome......what a diffence from the old room. It even appears larger.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Very nice. The wifey: and I are in the process of house hunting right now and it's nice to see what can be done.

When we find a house that I like and she might not see the potential in, I may have to pull up this thread! :thumb:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you going to replace the old safety railing from the other room?
No, I'm just going to paint the old railing white. Before I do that though I need to sad down the wood trim around the edge of the kitchen and the thread on the stairs and stain them to match the floor. I'll stain the Mantle, trim and thread all at the same time. I don't want to put it back but it's kinda a must.

I'm thinking about putting cabinets their when we start on the kitchen. That's the next project once the house fund replenishes itself :teehee:

42,946 Posts
Looks nice.. My neighbor put an LCD tv over her fireplace... Needless to say its now melted :sonicjay:..

I can't believe there isn't a rail between the dining area and living room. That looks dangerous.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
looks great. paneling = teh suck. when I bought my house they had put paneling in the basement. I ripped it out the day i signed the closing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts