Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the newest daily driver. it's a 1997 expedition with a 5.4L and auto. has a 6"
susp. lift with 3" body lift to clear the 35-12.50-18" hankook dynapro mt's
on 18x9 mb precise wheels. kc dayliters up front to light the way.

·
broken
5,093 Posts

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
9" of lift for 35's?

Why is the rear axle so far forward in the wheelwell?
Not sure how Expedition rears are set up, but usually it's so that when the suspension compresses or flexes, the tire tucks up into the wheel well (the axle moves back as the springs are compressed). Not sure if this is true with Fords, it depends on the susp. geometry.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I'm not picking on you, I'm simply wondering if 9" of lift is necessary for 35" tires. Seems excessive to me, but whatever.

As to my second point, distance "red" does not seem equal to distance "yellow"...... meerly an observation. But I'm not Issac fuckin Newton.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm not picking on you, I'm simply wondering if 9" of lift is necessary for 35" tires. Seems excessive to me, but whatever.

As to my second point, distance "red" does not seem equal to distance "yellow"...... meerly an observation. But I'm not Issac fuckin Newton.
i helped a friend build this one so the lift was already on it. he only had 16" wheels and tires on it.
he had to sale after putting it on. i got it dirt cheap. i put 18" wheels and tires on it. and it leaves me pleanty of room to go bigger.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

as to your second question. if you look closely at the picture. the body behind the tire doesn't come down as far as infront of the tire. it just makes it look like it sets forward.

and i'm not picking on you nor am i issac fuckin newton either.

i just wanted to know what you were getting at with the tires is all :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts