Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I did my bronco, I might as well do my daily driver too...

97' Ram 2500 4x4, extended cab, long box, leather, infinity sound
12V Cummins, NV4500, NP241DLD, Dana 80 rear, Dana 60 front

Performance - 370 marine injectors, springless AFC, 0 plate, dodgezilla HX35/40 hybrid....South Bend ConFE to hold the powah...it still slips.

Instrumentation - Autometer Cobalt series EGT & Boost, mounted on the a-pillar. Also bought factory matching paint to make it match my interior.....

Suspension/Steering/Tires - 2in leveling springs (skyjacker D25), Factory 98 HD steering, 35x14.50x16.5 TSL Radials

Exhaust - half ass stack mounted thru the bed

Smoke - on demand

pics coming soon

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
brrt.jpg
Dog party.....doing big things

View attachment 12701
owning it 3rd gear 4hi

smoke.jpg
sweet pic...shitty quality

Yes that ball joint failure sucks.....there was like 3 trucks that did that while I was out there.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah well they are marine injectors but were prepped by PDR...
Piers Diesel Research

·
Registered
713 Posts
What is the fascination with Diesel guys wanting tons of smoke? Isn't it the evidence that the air/fuel ratio is messed up? I have had 2 powerstrokes and no smoke, nor need for it. Just wondering?

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black smoke is caused by an over-rich mixture. Which is also how you make power in a diesel engine.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or if you have a broken intercooler boot
Blowing an intercooler boot is UGLY. EGTs go thru the roof and it will barely run

I blew mine off the boot this winter when it was like 10 outside...the air was nice & dense and it was boosting xtra hard :sonicjay:

sounded like a 12 gauge went off. I thought it was my 5th gear nut taking a giant crap...doesnt help I was going 90 either

·
Resident Slasher
284 Posts
What is the fascination with Diesel guys wanting tons of smoke? Isn't it the evidence that the air/fuel ratio is messed up? I have had 2 powerstrokes and no smoke, nor need for it. Just wondering?

I hear this all the time too, I caught a buddy of mine putting three quarts of motor oil into my tank once to make my stack blow smoke out @ the Mounds on my deuce. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts