Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I did my bronco, I might as well do my daily driver too...

97' Ram 2500 4x4, extended cab, long box, leather, infinity sound
12V Cummins, NV4500, NP241DLD, Dana 80 rear, Dana 60 front

Performance - 370 marine injectors, springless AFC, 0 plate, dodgezilla HX35/40 hybrid....South Bend ConFE to hold the powah...it still slips.

Instrumentation - Autometer Cobalt series EGT & Boost, mounted on the a-pillar. Also bought factory matching paint to make it match my interior.....

Suspension/Steering/Tires - 2in leveling springs (skyjacker D25), Factory 98 HD steering, 35x14.50x16.5 TSL Radials

Exhaust - half ass stack mounted thru the bed

Smoke - on demand

pics coming soon

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Snow Geological phenomenon Winter Freezing Vehicle
Dog party.....doing big things

View attachment 12701
owning it 3rd gear 4hi

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Snow Pickup truck
sweet pic...shitty quality

Yes that ball joint failure sucks.....there was like 3 trucks that did that while I was out there.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah well they are marine injectors but were prepped by PDR...
Piers Diesel Research

·
Registered
713 Posts
What is the fascination with Diesel guys wanting tons of smoke? Isn't it the evidence that the air/fuel ratio is messed up? I have had 2 powerstrokes and no smoke, nor need for it. Just wondering?

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black smoke is caused by an over-rich mixture. Which is also how you make power in a diesel engine.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
or if you have a broken intercooler boot
Blowing an intercooler boot is UGLY. EGTs go thru the roof and it will barely run

I blew mine off the boot this winter when it was like 10 outside...the air was nice & dense and it was boosting xtra hard :sonicjay:

sounded like a 12 gauge went off. I thought it was my 5th gear nut taking a giant crap...doesnt help I was going 90 either

·
Resident Slasher
284 Posts
What is the fascination with Diesel guys wanting tons of smoke? Isn't it the evidence that the air/fuel ratio is messed up? I have had 2 powerstrokes and no smoke, nor need for it. Just wondering?

I hear this all the time too, I caught a buddy of mine putting three quarts of motor oil into my tank once to make my stack blow smoke out @ the Mounds on my deuce. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts