Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 534 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I finally have my build plan, and the engine goes in tomorrow so its a good time to post....

that mixed with a

Small Spring Lift
Buick 225 V6
T-86 or t-14
D18
slight stretch (very slight 2")
saggy swap using a FSJ power steering box (f'in huge)

pizza cutters
winch
possible PTO (if I can find one)

3.73 super NT D44
3.73 Standard NT D30 with Disc Brakes

Upgrade the Master cylinder to a 2 chamber at some point.

The jeep will have a military arctic hardtop off a M38 as well.

CJ5 frame... Beefier and will hold up better over time since this rig will likely be lightly wheeled.

Eventually Fuel Inject the 225 for added economy.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Awesome. I know of a free '47 if you want it.

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
FlatFender said:
HOLY SHIT WHERE?????
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
EarlyCJ Archeologist
64 Posts
Sounds like it'll be an interesting rig...I always like the "looks stock from 20ft but when you get closer it's kinda rad" rigs....

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boyink said:
Sounds like it'll be an interesting rig...I always like the "looks stock from 20ft but when you get closer it's kinda rad" rigs....
I wanted it stock, but the more my buddy and I get into it it so 'dented' that I dont want to do the body work. Its very solid, just 'dented' So I am not going to be hurt making some changes. I will likely smooth the body as good as possible and paint it with navy markings to honor my grandfather, despite it not being a military jeep, 90% of people wont know and the others will laugh at me :sonicjay:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
lucky. I really want to build a cj3a. Your is close enough to get my attention. I gotta ask is that a typo you are doing SOA front and putting tj coil springs in the rear ? Interesting.

·
Axle Guru Extraordinaire
7,920 Posts
jamiesann said:
lucky. I really want to build a cj3a. Your is close enough to get my attention. I gotta ask is that a typo you are doing SOA front and putting tj coil springs in the rear ? Interesting.
Yes SOA front which will hopefully sit level with the tj coils in the rear. I am donating my stock control arms and rear springs.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ran into a snag tonight... the T4 I have is a one year only that has a spline count of 14, versus the 10 spline input of my T14. Not a huge deal, I just need a new clutch which I should do anyway,

The T14 is going to need WAY more modification then I thought to adapt it to the 60* bellhousing. We were hoping we could drill some holes and bolt it up.

The T14 to D18 bull gear is a 2 year only part and hard to find... (or $70 new)
:(

The jeep will also get a small body lift to make up for the added height of the 150 CID 4 cyl

sooooooo need to scrounge up more parts. The t4 is way too long too if I dont want to stretch the jeep out a lot... and to put a D18 on a T4 it requires a $500 adapter I guess :(

the suspension is what we are doing though

1 - 20 of 534 Posts