Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Hillbilly on the Hill
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my next build...

My first jeep and I couldn't pass it up: Needs a starter, T-case and front driveshaft. I bought it off my buddy for a buck! Ran last year and has seen more airtime than Michael Jordan.

The costs so far are as follows

88' XJ 4.0L Auto ............................................ $1
NP231 Xfer Case w/ front driveshaft .................. $60
4.5" Rear leafs, front lift spacers and shocks ....... $70
Reman. Starter .............................................. $85
NOS F-150 Coils ............................................. $50

Total cost so far ........................................... $266

I have the parts, now I've gotta get her together! Just need a set of rear shocks and some 33's and I'll be golden! I'm excited about my first Jeep build. I'll try to keep everyone updated here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts

·
broken
5,093 Posts
That videos been posted on here numerous times.. still a good watch.. I just wana know where that area is.. looks like some good terrain
x1000

·
Hillbilly on the Hill
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: Transfer case and driveshafts in, new starter in. Truck fired up first crank, with 260,000mi on the clock and after sitting for a year in the woods. Alriight! GO JEEP! I had all four tires off the ground within 5 minutes of getting it started!! Its going in the mud this weekend, then the lift and tires are going on. The rear is L/S and is still holding pretty tight.

We also made a little RTI ramp in the driveway. Front swaybar still has to come off.

Attachments

·
Hillbilly on the Hill
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got new (read as: free and very old) tires off a 50's CJ. They say 15-10? on the side of them. they measure about 30" x 10" I think... I dunno. they look good tho. Very rotted, but since it's not even licensed, I'm not worried bout that. A set of 4 for free, not a bad deal i guess...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
anyone ripp that damn head liner out of it yet..... the damn thing use to hang down to your schoulders

·
Hillbilly on the Hill
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Hillbilly on the Hill
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"new" tires on. looks much better.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts