Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with cases on the rise, what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year?

My in laws will be in town from South Carolina, so we will have a small gathering at my house.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
So, with cases on the rise, what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year?

My in laws will be in town from South Carolina, so we will have a small gathering at my house.
Wife and I will have her sister and husband over. Their son is on his first tour in the marine corp, he's in Japan for two months then on a ship for 6 months in the south pacific. Her other sister and husband won't make it because of health issues with him and concerned about the virus on the rise.
So we will be keeping in line with Whitmer's orders. Don't need my door kicked in cause we had 11 people over. :confused:

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,494 Posts
Small gatherings for us. That is always how we do it though. Unfortunately (kinda), life is not like it was for me when I was young. Back then there was 15-40 people at my family gatherings.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at gaylakes4x4!!!! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Normally go over to the west side of the state to my sister's house. Have our mom there and my brother-in-law's dad. But my sister is a school teacher and on full panic, so no dinner at her house this year. Normally we gather with my wife's family on Saturday after Turkey day. Far as I know, that will remain the same. So just the 5 of us at home on Thrusday.

·
ps4 tag chevytruckguy82
1,554 Posts
We usually go to the mounds for Thanksgiving but nothing to go with this year as I traded my rzr for a 05 GTO earlier this year so probably just sit home and relax

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
Usually go to my parents, with appx 12-14 people between sisters, parents, Aunts, Uncle, Brother in law, neice and Grandma. This Year will be 7 Basically Immediate family and BIL.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,143 Posts
Just my wife and kids this year. My wife ordered up a ham and bought all the rest of the normal fixings.

My parents are in Florida full-time, so rare if we see them unless we head down. My sister-in-law usually has a big gathering, but we are using covid as a reason to skip.

·
Gustafson
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just my wife and kids this year. My wife ordered up a ham and bought all the rest of the normal fixings.

My parents are in Florida full-time, so rare if we see them unless we head down. My sister-in-law usually has a big gathering, but we are using covid as a reason to skip.
I take it you don't like the sister in law? :LOL:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,130 Posts
Both my kid's families will be over and possibly my dad and mother in law. We are going to have only one person dishing up the food/touching stuff and then will eat scattered around the house. We have been having Thanksgiving at our house for 40 years. I WILL NOT tell any of my family that they cannot come over on Thanksgiving.

·
Old School
33,034 Posts
We were going to go up to Mancelona and have dinner at my wife's niece's new restaurant. She was going to close and just have family. BUT...... Whitmer's Gestapo would probably raid us

·
Project Antitube
905 Posts
We're going to have my parents over, which is not abnormal anymore. Her Dad doesn't come here anymore (he used to come for Thanksgiving or Christmas, usually not on Thanksgiving or Christmas and usually bring my Brother-in-Law, but that hasn't happened in 3 or 4 years). My parents use it as an excuse not to have to see their other obligations which is a stress reliever for them. We didn't used to do it that way, we used to always do the shindigs with my wife's family for Thanksgiving all over tarnation (usually Indian River exit, tip of the Thumb, or by Selfridge) and Easter in Rochester Hills and my family for Christmas. I used to like going up to Onaway for Thanksgiving but we don't do that anymore. We tried the other relative in Port Austin but that was god-awful. Then we went once or twice to Harrison Township which was a solid mediocre. We used to go to my parents' for Christmas and go and see my small extended family but we haven't done that in 3 or 4 years. I have some cousins (5 total) most of which have children I've never met. haha.

Now that her family is scattered/divorced/destitute/dead and I don't much care for my family except for my parents, one remaining grandparent, and an aunt/uncle/cousin... meh. We'll just do something with my parents who are always appreciative and no bullshit.

My wife gets between Christmas and New Year's off so we can usually see people one-on-one. Which I much prefer and now that my wife has been adopting my recluse ways so does she. I don't know what we will do this year. Last year we pulled the eject button after Christmas and went to Toronto until just before new years and pretended to stay in Toronto just so we didn't have to see anyone.

It's kind of crazy, the world gets smaller yet bigger at the same time. I don't even miss any of my relatives, except seeing my Grandma. I used to see them all more when I lived a day'd drive away than I do now that they're all within an hour and a half away.

We'll make everyone wear masks and we'll put my parents on the far end of our 10' long table... mostly because I'm afraid of giving them the wuflu even though they're more likely to give it to us.

·
Gustafson
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO! I understand completely what you are saying.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,480 Posts
Doing the same thing we've done the past several years, i'm cooking dinner at home, and it'll be just my wife and I lol

·
Yooper In Training
7,062 Posts
Gonna head over to my in-laws 3 miles away for dinner. We usually alternate between that or a painfully boring dinner with my parents and uncle/annoying aunt. The latter group are all fully convinced they'll die if anyone sneezes within 1/4 mile of them, so dinner and drinking with the in-laws it is. We've been careful, they've been careful, so risk is low enough for me to be ok with it.

·
Desert Rat
7,014 Posts
I was planning on having all y'all over for an open bar, catered Thanksgiving dinner at my place but "The Gretch that stole Thanksgiving" put the kibosh to it.
Maybe next year...

Reactions: aber61
1 - 20 of 31 Posts