Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
The cover over the bed slides up to reveal the bed.

It has 7000-14000 lb towing capacity depending if you get the single, dual or tri-motor setup with 250-500 miles of range respectively.

There is no way that thing can pass crash standards as is.
I'm also curious what the range is while towing....pretty sure those advertised numbers are unloaded.

·
Registered
382 Posts
According to a podcast there was some experts saying that towing at max or near max capacity there would be 50% faster battery usage from what I understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
O.G.
4,283 Posts
According to a podcast there was some experts saying that towing at max or near max capacity there would be 50% faster battery usage from what I understand

My sister and brother-in-law have the model 3 and running the hvac significantly drops the range. He was very surprised by that.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts

Sounds about right. My van towing a loaded trailer got about half the gas mileage.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
12,984 Posts
So on the topic of electric pickups, what does everyone think about this one:

https://rivian.com/

This is paying the bills for me right now...

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts

That's about what I'd expect also. Problem is, people see 14k towing capacity and 500 mile range and think it can do both at the same time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I figure somebody towing with a Tesla will be about as likely as a dodge with tow mirrors actually towing

21 - 32 of 32 Posts