Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into lifting my 03 rubicon soon and am looking into the 4" teraflex longarm kit for $1644.99
anyone else have it here any other lifts around the same price i should check into
it is a daily driver soo i would like a fairly smooth ride also i do offroad it soo i want something that can handle it and flex well

if it works here if a link to the lift
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_000.htm

any advice would be great thanks

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
Anything i have ever bought that was Teraflex I was disapointed with... check out claytons...

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
What size tires do you plan on running?

IMO, I would go with Rubicon Express.

I'd get the 4.5" Superflex kit (unless you are determined to go LA) and put the rest of the money somewhere else.

Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as of what alot of people are saying go longarm for better ride and flex and everything else soo thats kinda what i am looking at

also a am thinkin about going 1.75" coil spacer $65 for all 4

for tires i am thinking 35"

What size tires do you plan on running?

IMO, I would go with Rubicon Express.

I'd get the 4.5" Superflex kit (unless you are determined to go LA) and put the rest of the money somewhere else.

Just a suggestion...

·
535 Posts
I have a Full Traction 6" Longarm on my '05 Rubi, I like it alot. A little more money than you want to spend, but I feel it's well worth it. Very good quality.
I've also herd some of Teraflex's products are not up to par lately.
I've also herd nothing but good things about the Clayton products, might be worth checking them out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just checked it out clayton is $2259 then i still haft to buy shocks thats a lil more than i want to spend

it kinda depends on how much money i get frrom my other jeep whenever i stop being lazy and sell it because thats where the money is coming from

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
just checked it out clayton is $2259 then i still haft to buy shocks thats a lil more than i want to spend

it kinda depends on how much money i get frrom my other jeep whenever i stop being lazy and sell it because thats where the money is coming from
Buy Claytons cry once, buy Teraflex cry often...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have been satisfied with my Teraflex springs, but I don't think I would buy a complete suspension from them. IF you are determined to go longarms spend the money on a good system. Not saying you have to spring for Clayton's (although it is the best), but at least spend the money on something like Full Traction or Rubicon Express. Otherwise stick with short arms for the time being.

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
The only prob ive had with tera is i didnt buy full leaf packs, the coils are holding lift like a champ and are very soft and flexy. I dont know if tera still includes front discos or not still with they're kits. Im into normal priced shocks so i bought trailmaster, and i didnt have to measure cuz t.m. sell's shocks by amount of lift application and that has worked for mr so far. 30 bucks a shock
That was less money spent on shocks than any discos i could find.Of course i have an xj so kits are less than half the money..:beerbang:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how is ride quailty for teraflex and claytons
i drive about 60 to 80+ miles a day
also how is flex and everything else
i go offroading about every other weekend

also what are you all running for shocks

is there really much of a difference between long arm and short arm

i am just trying to look at all of my options because that is alot of money

·
535 Posts
I don't know about the Clayton, I would guess it's similar to the Full Traction. I love my Full Traction, it rides better and is more stable on the freeway than the stock suspension. I drive about 80 miles round trip to work. Not a single problem yet.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
I have never heard a complaint about Rubicon Express parts. They are expensive, but you can buy their stuff alot cheaper from distributors than you can directly from them. I would call Jeeperz Creaperz for a quote on a Rubicon Express long arm kit before making any decision.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts