Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,794 Posts
That's actually pretty cool. Alot better than the Iphone IMHO.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
What makes it better than the iPhone? Is it the mac/windows bias or you actually think this would be better?
Besides the fact that I am somewhat bias to windows, theres the fact that Windows Mobile 5.0 has been on the market for sometime and isn't new and buggy like the Iphone and theres the fact that I don't like cingular/at&t. :sonicjay:

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, it's an unlocked world phone....just drop your sim in and go. And it has built in GPS and maps and all that. Got wireless and bluetooth also. I dunno if the ifone has that....but I know it doesn't do moving map GPS.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,794 Posts
Yea, it's an unlocked world phone....just drop your sim in and go. And it has built in GPS and maps and all that. Got wireless and bluetooth also. I dunno if the ifone has that....but I know it doesn't do moving map GPS.
Yea its got that going for it. Its also not built to watch home movies on either. I've never understood why people would want to watch movies on a 3 inch screen when home theater or even a laptop would be nicer.

For me this would be a better package considering its bundled with stuff I could use rather than shit I don't need. If I'm camping an FM radio would be nice with phone and GPS capabilties rather than movies and such. Speaking of which does this do weather band radio too?

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt it does the weather band because that is a UHF freq. Now THAT would be a useful addition to this....especially if it had weather alerts with some kind of alarm for bad stuff.

I would never watch movies on a screen that small....shit I don't even like looking at the pics on my digital camera screen.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Yea its got that going for it. Its also not built to watch home movies on either. I've never understood why people would want to watch movies on a 3 inch screen when home theater or even a laptop would be nicer.
That is perhaps one of the most useless features on the Iphone. While video out to TV is enabled on the Video Ipod, that feature is disabled for the Iphone. :bdr2:

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The iphone has a smaller storage space correct? It would be pointless to use it to save movies that would be of a high enough quality to output to TV.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Iphones aren't all that.
#1 being that is an MP3 player, why the fuck can't you use MP3s as ringtones? RETARDED!
#2 no MMS messaging. Only SMS. Can't send pictures to your homies that you take with your iphone
#3 the virtual keyboard. I like to be able to actually touch buttons I'm pushing and feel them. I'm a fatass and have huge fingers so this virtual crap doesn't appeal to me..

I'd look at a high end Nokia N90-91-93-95 series if you are into high end cellular devices. All of these are mp3 players as well.
The N90 series has like a crazy megapixel camera and a easy to use interface.
hold onto your ankles though! Without any carrier support they are pricey. Check ebay.

Nerds unite!

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
#2 no MMS messaging. Only SMS. Can't send pictures to your homies that you take with your iphone
pssshh. If I cant send pictures to my homies..count me out! ;)

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Whats the point of a camera if you can't easily share the pics?
I believe you download the pics when you sync it to your PC with the gay itunes software...
The other thing thats gay is that AT&T has this bitch by the balls...You use itunes to activate your phone, and no unlock code is known as of yet.
You can't simply put your tmobile, cellone, etc sim card in and expect it to work.

back to the original thread..

I like that sammy you posted though...I'd do a cnet on it and see what the boys have to say about it....always check reviews of cellphones before purchasing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts