Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made him a 3d puzzle. He is putting it together in record times now so I believe he will soon get bored of it. So I thought why not teach the little dood to weld with my mig. I thought I would get some input from some of you before hand............

I know I know don't go posting a vid of him doing this on the internet :tonka:

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
haha.. go for it. as long as you have a permit for teaching said skill..you should be fine.

:tonka:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Teach him everything you can about cars and welding and stuff like that if he's interested. I never learned anything about this stuff until I bought a car to tinker with.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,130 Posts
I heard that little kids eyes aren't fully developed yet and it's hard for them to see through a welding helmet.
Best just to let the little guy not use a helmet so he can see better.....

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that little kids eyes aren't fully developed yet and it's hard for them to see through a welding helmet.
Best just to let the little guy not use a helmet so he can see better.....

Thanks Sandals :thumb: I trust everything you say now :junk:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Teach him everything you can about cars and welding and stuff like that if he's interested. I never learned anything about this stuff until I bought a car to tinker with.
Same here. I have no clue how to weld, but I have a project here at work that needs some welding. I am trying to figure it out myself.

(i am just welding cracks in sheet metal on a flail mower, nbd.)

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
its your kid, do what you want...yet, i say teach him!!! teach him everything you can now, and get your daughter ready to weld when she's old enough too!!! (you have a daughter right)

:rock:

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its your kid, do what you want...yet, i say teach him!!! teach him everything you can now, and get your daughter ready to weld when she's old enough too!!! (you have a daughter right)

:rock:
Yes, but she just got her nails done.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Yes, but she just got her nails done.
me too, so? you can be the most bad ass chick and still hold your own as a chick...trust me, i'm woman of the year.

only thing is there will be some dumb ass out there that just doesnt realize he's got the most bad ass chick

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
Myself, I'd wait.

Fumes, Spatter Burns, Hot metal, and the UV light. Kids usually have kinda fair skin, and the UV can F your skin up.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Go for it... I have been in the garage watching my dad weld since I was 4 or 5... (turning my head for the flashes) He never taught me though, he never had the patience. I can look at a good weld and tell the difference from a good/bad weld, but I am just now learning and wish I had much sooner.

As for the UV long sleeves and gloves are a must for a kid.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,282 Posts
Myself, I'd wait.

Fumes, Spatter Burns, Hot metal, and the UV light. Kids usually have kinda fair skin, and the UV can F your skin up.
It's painfully obvious to detect who are parents in this thread. :tonka:

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
It's painfully obvious to detect who are parents in this thread. :tonka:
To me, its just a pointless thing. A 6 year old can't design anything. So, sure you can teach them to weld, if you want to give them part A and B and stick them together. But that only makes sense if they are child labor and building cheap parts. So, therefore I conclude that Immortal is running a sweatshop in his garage.

Next, I'd teach him to use a circular saw.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts