Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
First what wiring setup or controller are you guys running, what seems to work best?

Also, can you reverse the polarity of the fan and run it as a pusher instead of a puller?

Thanks
eh I wouldnt suggest reversing the polarity...the fan blades only work 1 way...they aren't uni-directional.

In my wheeler I just have 2 30A relays and a flip switch in the cab to turn it on. I have seen setups that use the thermistor switch with a manual override. You could use the low speed setting with the thermistor and then the high speed on the manual override. I'd also consider an OFF switch which disables both auto(thermistor) and manual incase you are crossing water.

Keep in mind that 2 30A relays in parallel is kind of required...I've heard numerous stories of guys only running 1 and having the contacts weld...the fan draws 33A @ 12VDC on high
Current will also be skyhigh when the fan is first started....

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Money wise the taurus fan is waaay cheaper and already has a shroud which fits my radiator perfectly.

To each their own though....this stock setup flows 2200 or so CFM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.