1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i got my electric fan installed
first of all the taurus fan will NOT fit in a 6 cylinder tj it is too thick

ok i got a sensor from jegs that turns the fan on at 200° and off at 185°
well my temp gauge is always at 210 to 215 and the sensor is inline with the heater core and the fan is just constantly on once it warms up should i go with a cooler t-stat also the guy that i bought it from said that he put a higher temp t-stat in but i don't know what temp one he put in soo
should i put a 180 t-stat in or will that be bad for it because i read some other posts and read that it will mess with the computer for low temp?????

JUST ADDED
ok next problem that 1400cfm electric fan does NOT keep it cool it will overheat easily just driving around the city
Yes i am shure the fan is on
Yes i am shure the radiator and condensor are not clogged up with mud or anything
just did a coolant flush

options are

1. get another electric fan and put it infront of the condensor
2. return the electric fan and buy a new fan clutch
3. put the electric fan i already have infront of the condensor and go buy a new fan clutch and use both

ever since i got the truck a couple of months ago the fan clutch has been locked solid and when offroading noticed the temp would get a little warm (about 240 - 250) soo thats why i am thinking doing both clutch and electric

any thoughts???

i need to do something today i cant drive anywhere without overheating

thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just looked on autozone.com and they say stock is 192
soo maybe i should go with that one

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
what year taurus did you get your fan from?? i got the same one as you it sounds like. i guess you and i need an early/mid 90's one w/ the flush motor, instead of the huge sticky outy one

·
Not Right!
1,472 Posts
You may want to consider an adjustable sensor. THat way you can fine tune it. Since my jeep runs at 200 all the time, I would probable adjust it to turn off at 195-200 (close to stat temp) and turn on at 205-210.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know its the flush one i made shure of that when i was there
soo it measures like 5 inches thick and there is 4 1/2 inches between radiator and motor

i got a 16" fan from advance auto for about $70 and its measures 4 1/4 inch thick soo i have 1/4" of clearence its like
1400 CFM

what year taurus did you get your fan from?? i got the same one as you it sounds like. i guess you and i need an early/mid 90's one w/ the flush motor, instead of the huge sticky outy one

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
ok i got my electric fan installed
first of all the taurus fan will NOT fit in a 6 cylinder tj it is too thick

ok i got a sensor from jegs that turns the fan on at 200° and off at 185°
well my temp gauge is always at 210 to 215 and the sensor is inline with the heater core and the fan is just constantly on once it warms up should i go with a cooler t-stat also the guy that i bought it from said that he put a higher temp t-stat in but i don't know what temp one he put in soo
should i put a 180 t-stat in or will that be bad for it because i read some other posts and read that it will mess with the computer for low temp?????
Measure a xj water pump. It has a shallower snout, and may allow enough clearance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i know its the flush one i made shure of that when i was there
soo it measures like 5 inches thick and there is 4 1/2 inches between radiator and motor

i got a 16" fan from advance auto for about $70 and its measures 4 1/4 inch thick soo i have 1/4" of clearence its like
1400 CFM

you have to trim the shroud some to get the fan to fit. you should be able to trim about 3/4" off the taurus fan shroud.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok next problem that 1400cfm electric fan does NOT keep it cool it will overheat easily just driving around the city
Yes i am shure the fan is on
Yes i am shure the radiator and condensor are not clogged up with mud or anything
just did a coolant flush

options are

3. put the electric fan i already have infront of the condensor and go buy a new fan clutch and use both

ever since i got the truck a couple of months ago the fan clutch has been locked solid and when offroading noticed the temp would get a little warm (about 240 - 250) soo thats why i am thinking doing both clutch and electric

any thoughts???

i need to do something today i cant drive anywhere without overheating

thanks

·
cheese
749 Posts
options are

Option 4. Install an aluminum radiator and electric fan.

I have a "universall fit" aluminum radiator similar to this one (except smaller): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFCO...009QQitemZ190132454639QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And an electric fan same as this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perm...ryZ33600QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In my YJ with 4.0L

The fan is on a toggle switch and I havn't had to turn it on yet this year. 80+ degree days to work and back, 30 minute drive, all city/rural off-highway miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts