Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So rebuilding Transfer case (NVG241OR) and am going to be delayed a few days as my rebuild kit wasn't as complete as I think it should have been so had to order something.

Should I replace the oil pump while it's apart?

The case was VERY clean inside, last changed the fluid 3 years ago and while not bright red, was more a maroon.
Magnet had very little metal on it.

I've read that some of the replacement pumps are more prone to failure than the original's.

Thoughts?

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,385 Posts
I think you answered your own question. The original is working well and are known to be better than aftermarket. I would run it.

·
Gustafson
9,047 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty much what I figured, but i'm totally second guessing myself on all of this as i'm now doing it.

Havent been inside a T-case in probably 15 years, and never rebuilt an automatic trans before. So the doubt here is strong.

·
Gustafson
9,047 Posts
That's pretty much what I figured, but i'm totally second guessing myself on all of this as i'm now doing it.

Havent been inside a T-case in probably 15 years, and never rebuilt an automatic trans before. So the doubt here is strong.
Where's the build thread?! :sonicjay:

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's the build thread?! :sonicjay:

I can take pictures of the mess i have in the shop right now lol

Or having to use the torch to burn out T-case mounting studs

Or maybe i can take video when i'm putting it back in and the height i have it at to be able to work under, while reaching all the bolts puts it right at the height where my head hits every bracket, bolt end, protruding piece of sharp metal under the damn jeep. :d:

I can take pictures of the CV on the rear driveshaft that i fucked up taking it apart lol

it had NOT been a smooth project so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts