Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go Green!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may or may not have had a beer (or six :beerbang: ) and decided to dump the clutch in my '80 CJ7 while in reverse. That said, I'm looking for a t176 trans as I'm pretty sure that's what in it, haven't had the time to start tearing down because I've been busy sulking. :chauncy:

Also a solid YJ or CJ frame. May have also broke a rear frame rail at the shackle mount. Thinking of just buying these though:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_1000_07.htm

Thanks. I'm a new college grad with no money also.

P.S. GO GREEN :beer: :rock:

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
There is a guy on here that sells those frame repair pieces. I am not sure right now who it is but I will try and figure it out. I will check on a T-176. I know where one was at just not sure the guy still has it. I do know that you better start saving your pennies as they are not exactly the cheapest transmission to buy.

·
Go Green!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I picked up a transmission, an extra Dana 300, and rear drive shaft last night. So I guess I'm good there. I'd be really interested in seeing if I could figure out who makes those repair pieces.

Thanks again in advance.

·
Go Green!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. That's a cheap solution/preventative work to what I'm looking at I think. Mine would require a little more work than just plates but you're feeding me great food for thought. Maybe it's time I start trusting my welds.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts