Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody used the newest style model? Trying to pick up something decent for the garage, and like the idea of having a multiprocess machine. We used Lincoln Pro-Mig 350's in school, and would like to stay away from them, as I want something with High Frequency. I haven't thrown the idea of buying a decent tig, and mig separate, but am growing fonder of saving space. Also, does anyone have any real experience with the Dynasty models? Trying to decide if the extra coin is worth the adjustability and program options.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
used a dynasty 350 a few years ago, i don't have enough experience to tell you that the adjust-ability is worth it. it's a damn fine machine though

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anybody used the newest style model? Trying to pick up something decent for the garage, and like the idea of having a multiprocess machine. We used Lincoln Pro-Mig 350's in school, and would like to stay away from them, as I want something with High Frequency. I haven't thrown the idea of buying a decent tig, and mig separate, but am growing fonder of saving space. Also, does anyone have any real experience with the Dynasty models? Trying to decide if the extra coin is worth the adjustability and program options.
I bought a Syncrowave 350 about 3 months ago. Great machine if your skills and job are at the same level as it is. Things like shifting the AC waveform is great if you area aware of what it does and why you would want to move it. All the beels and whistles are great, but do you need them or just looking for lots of cool shit?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
What do you want to do with it? It'd be a decent hobby welder/extremely light fabrication. It's only mig cabibilities are with a spoil gun and its duty cycle is 60% @ 125 amps. The air cooled tig torch will get too hot to hold before you reach its duty cycle and you're not going to weld anything over .210" thick single pass.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read some more up on it, and will be steering away from it. I failed to realize it was spool gun only from the get go. Probably just going to pick up a decent mig, and decent tig. Might as well spend the money while I'm young, and can, right?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a Syncrowave 350 about 3 months ago. Great machine if your skills and job are at the same level as it is. Things like shifting the AC waveform is great if you area aware of what it does and why you would want to move it. All the beels and whistles are great, but do you need them or just looking for lots of cool shit?
More or less, something in the garage that I can do everything with, and not bat an eye. The more I think about it, the less I need something fancy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts