Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a great place to hang out here. I was up at Mounds (North of Flint MI) and met a member here while trying to buck out a Blazer from a mud bog. After a big dent in the tailgate of my wife's blazer and a broken tow strap - I finally got him out. He was sunk to the frame.

First time for me up at Mounds. Not a bad place for a bike or jeep but some trails are too small for the Tahoe.

We brought up my boys and a 2007 TTR125LE that we bought new for a trip to Silver Lake on the week of the 4th of July. That was another great trip - I am hooked on Sand and will likely go back the same time next year.

Thanks for the referral! I have attached some pics of the Tahoe and the bike. Also, the pickup I hope to get out to play in some mud with - it needs a little more work before I can do that.

Attachments

·
Street Doc
120 Posts
Hey Smiley You met Duffman and Myself, I was the one in the Green Jeep Rubicon. Great to see ya stopped in. Lots of Info in the people here and everyone is willing to help. Yea the mounds is great (my first time there yesterday too) Meet up with some people on the trail or from here and they will show you all around the park. its awesome.

Jason

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Smiley You met Duffman and Myself, I was the one in the Green Jeep Rubicon. Great to see ya stopped in. Lots of Info in the people here and everyone is willing to help. Yea the mounds is great (my first time there yesterday too) Meet up with some people on the trail or from here and they will show you all around the park. its awesome.

Jason
Great to meet you guys - Nice Jeep Jay!!! Like I told you, we drove a 2007 Rubicon in Silver Lake and it rode the trails real nice (stock). The guy that owned them said the 2007 went to a wider wheelbase (???) which made it a better ride.

Hope to meet up with you both again sometime. We will likely be up there about every Saturday this summer (kids will make us do it). They love that bike and are starting to get real comfortable with it jumping some mounds in Mounds :).

I just hope I dont spend those days having to pull people out :).

Mike (aka Smiley)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts