Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to get my boat wrapped this winter. Does anyone here do that? Or if you've had one wrapped where did you have it done? I could paint it but I like the idea of not spending 100 hours blocking and sanding.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
A few places in owosso do it. I'm sure someone will chime in. Ones on 21 and ones on 52. The one on 21 use to have a few boats sitting out in their yard all wrapped up and looked sweet

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you looking for a specific design or just a color change? For what it sounds like you want to do id paint it personally. Wraps have a lot of flaws in them (think vehicle driving down the road) and even when done correctly, which most places don't, they have a very limited life.

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking of changing the bottom color and keeping the top silver, but adding some old school style 2 tone design on the bow with the whatever I choose for the bottom color. Thanks, I was curious of how well it would hold up too.

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few places in owosso do it. I'm sure someone will chime in. Ones on 21 and ones on 52. The one on 21 use to have a few boats sitting out in their yard all wrapped up and looked sweet
Is the one on 21 west of town? I think I have been by there a couple times but never paid much attention to it.

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I found a few others around the state that I will be talking to as well. From the sounds of things it might be more cost effective to just suck it up and paint it. It seems that vinyl is more expensive than paint for some reason.

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a sweet looking boat. Don't know that I've ever seen one before.
Thanks, it was built for one thing.....using an extreme amount of gas! :sonicjay: These were custom built jet boats out of California used mostly for racing in the 70's, this one has a really stout Olds 455, 450hp, 475 lb/ft torque, it only runs 68 on gps but it gets there in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
For some reason most boats that get wrapped get really ubnoxious designs and it ultimately kills the value when resale time comes around. If you keep the design simple i think they are nice.

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For some reason most boats that get wrapped get really ubnoxious designs and it ultimately kills the value when resale time comes around. If you keep the design simple i think they are nice.
I'm not a huge fan of the obnoxious designs either. My plan is to keep it old school, I like it 2 toned but its had some dock rash repair that wasn't blended well. I'd go darker on the bottom, I hate seeing the scum line on it after sitting at the sanbar for a couple hrs.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
Nice boat. :thumb: When I was growing up we had a neighbor who had one. It was a direct drive with a Pontiac 389 in it. Also not super fast but super quick. I think it's still sitting in his widow's garage.

Yours looks very sleek and clean. I hope you keep it that way.

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice boat. :thumb: When I was growing up we had a neighbor who had one. It was a direct drive with a Pontiac 389 in it. Also not super fast but super quick. I think it's still sitting in his widow's garage.

Yours looks very sleek and clean. I hope you keep it that way.
Thanks:thumb: This thing is rocket out of the hole too! I don't plan on changing the over all look, but I would like to add some sort of old school stripe around the bow and up the middle on top like they did in the 70's

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that a 4 seater? Just passed a jet boat for sale in Walker. I almost stopped to look at it, but I know what happens then...
It has a bench in the rear that will fit 2 adults or 3 kids.....I suggest not looking at it, this thing snowballed from just having fun with it this summer and selling it in the spring to make a few bucks to completely re-doing the interior and doing something with the exterior over the winter, and adding a place diverter to throw 150' rooster tails lol... Bust out another thousand

·
Whoop Whoop
17,241 Posts
It has a bench in the rear that will fit 2 adults or 3 kids.....I suggest not looking at it, this thing snowballed from just having fun with it this summer and selling it in the spring to make a few bucks to completely re-doing the interior and doing something with the exterior over the winter, and adding a place diverter to throw 150' rooster tails lol... Bust out another thousand
can you troll with it? :teehee:

I'm gonna eventually need something bigger and faster to supplement my little 1977 Ranger 155a...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts