Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This "Road" serves as a connector between the County Road system and the National Forest Road system.

This road was found to be illegally obstructed by adjoining residents.
Those residents are now petitioning the Road Commission to abandon the road.

Don't let law-breaking, anti-access advocates win!

Please sign the petition:

Link Removed

THANK YOU!

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Done - did anyone "contribute" to the E-petition thing? I didn't, but I still received confirmation that it was sent.

Sorry, I am a cheap bastard and I have no idea who those E-petition folks are.

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We won!

Thank you to those who assisted by signing the e-petition! :thumb:

The Hearing was this morning.
The Newaygo CRC voted to NOT abandon the road but to look into the feasibility of putting it back on the section line as platted. It currently leaves the deeded easement to pass around a gully. This falls under the 'Highway By User' statute that essentially says 'Where a road ends up over time (at Least 10 years) is where the CRC has a right of way, regardless of the maps and deeding.

They again affirmed that the NCRC has never abandoned a road if there was opposition to the proposal. :rock:

THANK YOU for your help!

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
awesome man, cant wait to come wheel it

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
See people this is what happen when you don't give up. Pat is one of the most dedicated hard working people anyone could meet. He is very passionate about our sport-hobby. He deserves all the praise and support we can give him.

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
See people this is what happen when you don't give up. Pat is one of the most dedicated hard working people anyone could meet. He is very passionate about our sport-hobby. He deserves all the praise and support we can give him.

I don't know about all of THAT!
I'm just freaking sick and tired of loosing trails everytime I go out!

If you could all just help me out when I ask for petition signitures or help GPSing an area so I can submit "Substantive" comments about a project that would rock. Like this shows, it CAN work in our favor!

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Sweet!...who's leading the first trail run up there?
Unfortunately, this particular road isn't all 'that'.

It's passable in 2wd.

It's worth keeping because:

1) It's an 'unimproved', rustic two track (something that is getting almost as rare as the 4wd stuff around here)

2) It serves as a connector between the Countie's maintained system and some National Forest trails.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts