Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Flat Black, contrast to shiny black car

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up a car for a fair weather bomber and we all know tires and wheels make the car.
help me decide.

Machined
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

Gloss Black
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Flat Black
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Yooper In Training
7,571 Posts
First choice would be a dark charcoal or gunmetal grey. I agree with RBB that gold/bronze look good too. If neither of those, I'd buy either variation of black 1000 times before I'd go machined but that's obviously personal preference. I like the more muted look with dark wheels, but not necessarily full black. I think it pops more, by popping less. It grabs your eye more even though it's less shiny because it's more obviously not stock.

Stock:

Mix of matte black and bronze tinted clear coat:

Reactions: wave_crusher

·
Yooper In Training
7,571 Posts
^^^^ We have the same truck, same color too. Still have the factory 20s?

They would look good with some white letter tires. ;)
Nope, sold them pretty quick after upgrading. I never liked the chrome, especially once it started peeling a bit.

Does yours have the 6.2L/8spd? Total game changer, except needing high octane fuel 😢

·
Gustafson
10,625 Posts
Nope, sold them pretty quick after upgrading. I never liked the chrome, especially once it started peeling a bit.

Does yours have the 6.2L/8spd? Total game changer, except needing high octane fuel 😢
No, 5.3 and 6spd. It's still a game changer from the old Vortec 5.3 though....haha

·
Yooper In Training
7,571 Posts
No, 5.3 and 6spd. It's still a game changer from the old Vortec 5.3 though....haha
True, the gen 5 5.3 is night and day better than gen 4. My wife has a 2014 Suburban with the old 5.3 and it's a turd at anything less than 80% throttle, more because of calibration than actual capability though.

·
Gustafson
10,625 Posts
True, the gen 5 5.3 is night and day better than gen 4. My wife has a 2014 Suburban with the old 5.3 and it's a turd at anything less than 80% throttle, more because of calibration than actual capability though.
Yes, I agree with that. If you hammer the piss out of it, it will move.... Hahaha

·
Desert Rat
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right now the car looks exactly as pictured. I will change the grill to the black honeycomb ala SRT.
Initially I wanted to raise enough to put 255 70 tires on it, something like this
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

but I’m afraid it will come off like this
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Yooper In Training
7,571 Posts
Trar > Donk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts