Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Simply put, who is for mandated vaccine requirements.

• Yes, we should all have to get vaccinated whether we want to or not.

• No, it is a personal choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see what some of you think....

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,847 Posts
I don't agree with mandated vaccines; i'll say it outright.

I do think that everyone should get it, I honestly do. I don't agree that it should be mandated. Yes; I do think that companies should be allowed to require their employees to get one, that's your personal choice not to be employed if you don't.

Reactions: brewmenn

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,177 Posts

I do think that everyone should get it, I honestly do. I don't agree that it should be mandated. Yes; I do think that companies should be allowed to require their employees to get one, that's your personal choice not to be employed if you don't.
I agree with this.

·
Yooper In Training
7,370 Posts
^ what they said. I don't believe or expect that everyone will get it, and until it's fully proven long-term there are still valid reasons not to. The problem I have are the politicized and often blatantly ignorant reasons against it, but that doesn't mean I support a mandate. A mandate isn't going to force everyone either with all the loopholes and lawsuits, and it just serves to further alienate those who were already against it or even just on the fence. It's lose-lose IMO. And that's all just ignoring the fact that I'm generally against big government telling us what to do. Advise, sure. Mandate, no.

Reactions: SHARPMACHINE

·
Project Antitube
1,051 Posts
I'm OK with incentivizing it. Give people $50 gift card to go get the jab if you want.

But forced anything is a bad idea. It removes any illusion of choice. It's one of the few things Americans have that the rest of the world lacks. In the US we operate on repercussions, the rest of the first and second world operate on prevention.

·
Registered
9,471 Posts

Except postal workers and illegal immigrants and afghan nationals and white house staffers. (y)

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,177 Posts
Except postal workers and illegal immigrants and afghan nationals and white house staffers. (y)
I think immigrants and refugees should be required to get it, but the current rules are mandated by OSHA, it only deals workers and workplace safety, so it may or may not apply, depending on work status. Postal worker do fall under that mandate, and so do White House staffers. Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I'm not cool with infringing on peoples rights period.

If you want it, get it. Some people really, really should.

Others, probably not so much, but people should be taking responsibility for themselves in every aspect of life, not just this, and not having the government do it either.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,794 Posts
I think immigrants and refugees should be required to get it, but the current rules are mandated by OSHA, it only deals workers and workplace safety, so it may or may not apply, depending on work status. Postal worker do fall under that mandate, and so do White House staffers. Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.
I would agree with this too. When I went to a third world country I usually swung by a travel clinic and they told me which vaccines were required for entry. Yellow Fever and some malaria drug were the ones I remember. I don't see why this should happen the other way around.

I'll throw another one in there Convicts should get it 100%. While they're incarcerated as far as I'm concerned they are prop of usgov, do the maintenance on the property and move along.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
When did OSHA mandate these rules?
They were written in back in 72 or whatever. This is how Biden was able to "mandate" the vaccine. Clever lawyers dug through all the legal code, found that they could tell companies to enforce it under OSHA, so Biden told OSHA they have 30 days to implement a rule for companies over 100.

·
3,794 Posts
They were written in back in 72 or whatever. This is how Biden was able to "mandate" the vaccine. Clever lawyers dug through all the legal code, found that they could tell companies to enforce it under OSHA, so Biden told OSHA they have 30 days to implement a rule for companies over 100.
I would have guessed in the 80's when the air traffic controlers union got told by Regan to get back to work or GTFO.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well first of all it not a vaccine! You are not immunized against not getting the virus. A vaccine will give your body the antibodies to stop the spread of a virus. Oh yes the rewritten the terms of what a vaccine is. You can still get sick or die from the virus. But no one knows what the long term effects are going to be. And I have a question why do we need to get multiple shots for it? Please apply common sense to this. If they have an answer to how to stop this or they don't. No one should be mandated to get anything put in their bodies that they do not want or need.
Just in case anyone reads to this point I'm a 64 year old man.

·
3,794 Posts
Everything you said applies to the Yellow Fever vaccine, which I've had too. That one also has a likelihood of death and have known people who have died from taking the vaccine. What is your point?

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
872 Posts
Ummmm.... can confirm just finished orientation and training.... NOT required. NOT lying.

edit Unless they were lying to me at the time.

·
Direct Drive FTW
2,463 Posts
I never got sick or had any indication of being sick. Worked all through the thing without a reduction in hours. But I lost 4 people during the lockdown directly due to covid.

People are open to your opinion. I don't preach or care if your vaccinated. Thats your choice. Life is full of choices that only you can make. You may make excuses as to the choices you make or made. But it is all on you.

I got vaccinated simply because I did not want to spread it to those unable to be vaccinated.

In this sue happy environment I understand why a multimillion dollar business or even a business with 10 employees would want to avoid issues in the future and mandate their employees be vaccinated.

They could care less about you. It is that one 6 year old that dies or has weakened lungs because Don was working with 20 other non vaccinated workers. Dons wife is contacted by a law office and the company looses a few hundred thousand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts