Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to add a DVR and add more programming to our account. I called yesterday and inquired about packages and got a real nice lady from America. I call today...and I get people from India who can't even speak proper English.
So I sucked it up, and tried to work with her. I told her exactly what I wanted (Dish DVR Advantage plan with dual turner DVR). She wanted some numbers off of our current regular receiver, I had to unplug all the wires in the back to get the numbers. Fine...I did that. Then she asked me if I wanted a Dwhichi. I asked her what she said and she yelled very slowly DVR! Then she told me I had to pay $100 to get the DVR, which was part of another deal, but not part of the DVR Advantage deal. At that point, instead of trying to argue with her...I just hung up.

So...I called back 4 times...hoping that 1 time I'd get somebody that spoke English and was in America, but nope. So as soon as they answered I just hung up and called back. Well the fifth time I asked to be transferred to somebody in America and she said that she is unable to do, and was real bitchy about it. So I told her I am going to cancel. She said fine, and I hungup. :miff:

So...has anybody tried to get a fluent English speaking person with Dish Network? I was going to ask to speak to a supervisor, but the supervisor would be Indian, so that wouldn't have helped anyway. Anybody???

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
What is wrong with rabbit ears? Can't get anymore american than that :d:

I know what you are going through though. My mom still speaks broken english. We use to get into horrible arguements when I lived at home. We still to this day don't know what either of us were saying to eachother :d:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is wrong with rabbit ears? Can't get anymore american than that :d:

I know what you are going through though. My mom still speaks broken english. We use to get into horrible arguements when I lived at home. We still to this day don't know what either of us were saying to eachother :d:
awwwwwww!!!!!!
That would be tough!
But we do get the basic channels over rabbit ears, well the big rabbit ear that sits on our roof. We've had Dish Network for 12 years...and we'll continue to keep it...for now. :sonicjay:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had the same problem with dishnet about two years ago. I wanted a DVR added to my account, and was willing to pay the extra 10 bucks a month for it. They wanted 200 bucks for the DVR that new subscribers get for free. Well I closed out my account, and went with cable for 6 months. Then returned, got my dvr and paid 5 bucks less then I was before. So they lost out on my total bill for 6 months, and now they loose 15 bucks a month.

Make a long story short, after two years I have returned to cable due to the DVR's being junk. I had 4 go bad in 6 weeks. One only lasted two days.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, I don't have the option of switching to cable. In BFE, there is no cable. I'm lucky just to get DSL. :( :( :(

I called again and pressed 4 0's right away....still got somebody in India. I tried to reason with him, but then he told me that I had to buy a DVR on top of leasing one. WTF! :miff: :miff:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Do you think that they have a pool of American sounding names that they get to choose :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you think that they have a pool of American sounding names that they get to choose :)
YES!!! I got a Peter & an Ann...I'm sure that isn't their name.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Tell then you want someone in the americas that speaks english.

Thats what i did.

BTW often those specials are handled by a promotions office and that is why you end up with such services.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell then you want someone in the americas that speaks english.

Thats what i did.

BTW often those specials are handled by a promotions office and that is why you end up with such services.
AHHHH! I am so freaking frustrated with these people I could cry!

I called the local Dish place, and they said that there's a $1xx upgrade fee, but after 16 weeks you get part of that upgrade fee back. That is not what I was told yesterday! Dangit all to hell! I should've just went with the deal when I talked to the lady yesterday...but I wasn't sure.

It's completely ridiculous that you have to PAY to upgrade to a DVR, then PAY for the lease, then PAY for the box itself!?!?! WHAT THE CRAP!?!?!??!?!?!

Okay. I think I am going to go shopping...then try again tonight. Maybe if I call back tonight I'll get somebody in America. Fat chance but it's worth a try.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
I see the problem. Well, thats my recommendation. Tell them you want to talk to someone that speaks clear english.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called Capital One the other day and talked to "Chris" in India. I'm sure Chris is very popular there. :sonicjay:
I started chatting with an Samantha from Dish Network Chat online. It's sad that they have to use fake names to Americanize themselves.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see the problem. Well, thats my recommendation. Tell them you want to talk to someone that speaks clear english.
Yes. We only have a problem when we want to upgrade or change equipment. Other than that, we don't have to deal with them. :sonicjay:

·
Lego Dude
1,655 Posts
We've had Dish Network for 12 years...and we'll continue to keep it...for now. :sonicjay:
We are still under contract with Dish.
:confused: what are you under contract for after that long? like whatd you upgrade last o.0

how much longer are you on contract? that can still work to your advantage.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts