Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some maps trying to find some roads that would be fun to take my TJ on, mostly looking for "unimproved" roads. Anyway, I came across Sterling Truck Trail, west of Sterling on the other side of I-75. Anyone take this road? Is it worth checking out?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just seen your post. Lots of two tracks in this area. Nothing extreme, you'll find a lot of mud holes. From Sterling Truck trail south to Cody/Estey Rd. there are quite a few trails to ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just seen your post. Lots of two tracks in this area. Nothing extreme, you'll find a lot of mud holes. From Sterling Truck trail south to Cody/Estey Rd. there are quite a few trails to ride.
Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wife and I managed to get up to the STT yesterday. It was our first "long" trip (200 miles or so) and we had a really good time. We came up to a big mud hole although it wasn't really mud just sand and a lot of water, I was a bit nervous and checked the depth with a stick. Well I missed the deep part LOL but we made it through. There was a fork in the road at Hard Luck and we took both, which ended up with more big waterholes. I chickened out sense we were by ourselves and I'm new to offroading. Anyway, It was a good place to play (TONS of two tracks branching off) not too far from "the city". The reason I picked this spot was because it was the closest I could find, we'll definitely head back to do more exploring.

Thanks to @Smitty02 for the info and advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts