Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
Yep its full just dont have the power to turn 33's from the stock 26's.... There is no actual problem with the stock pump i just know that if i keep doing this ill kill it... Preventative maintenance
not sure the age of vehicle you run, I have 36" locked front & rear and normally don't have a problem.

I would suspect a problem with the pump or box and investigate further, it could be a problem with steering geometery if a new lift has been installed.

the best thing I would say if your looking for more steering power would be to add hydro-assist.

·
AKA GreyShrink
521 Posts
You didn't state what type of vehicle you have. But if its a Jeep, and you need more power steering oomph, try an GR Super Pump, along with either an AGR Super Box or Super Box 2. The Super Box 2 is a variable ratio-box, and that what I have on my CJ7. Great setup, although it will cost over 5 bills, maybe close to 6, for the setup. The pump uses the stock mounts for both the pump and the gear box, and you remove the old pump resevoir and put it on the new pump.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
It Has To Be A Mechanical Faliure Since You Could Get Daks Of His Era With 31's From The Factory

·
Merkin salesman
1,255 Posts
Daks have the same saginaw box that jeeps do and they are easy to switch, swap it out and see if there is a diff. Then cut off your ifs and put on a sfa. BTW, since my dakota is beefier than yours, im now taking your name from you. From now on, you shall be referred to as 'pansy IFS'(sorry, its late and im tired, so thats all i could come up with)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.