Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
USMC
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting springs on the front of my CJ-5 and I took apart the driver's side, the bracket for the steering stablizer fell out and I'm not really sure - does the bracket go between the axle and the spring or the spring plate and the spring? I think I have it right, but I have been wrenching since 10 this morning and I am kinda brain dead! I put it between the axle and the spring and it looks right, but I'm not sure.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Been trying to get an answer on this for you, but I ditched my mount when I went to an aftermarket stabilizer and everyone else I have asked has done the same. I know I have a couple stock D30's in the storage unit, so I'll take a look tonight.

Did your lift come with an aftermarket stabilizer? Are you even going to use the stock mount again?

·
USMC
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My lift did not include a stabilizer . My jeep had on on it so I just bought a replacement from pro comp and it did not include any mounting hardware.I put it between the spring and axle, it looks right but I wanted to be sure . All I have left is put the spring plate and shock on the drivers side then drop it and tighten everything up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts