Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin into buying some 1.25 wheel spacers for my wj just wondering what the pros and cons are of these things are and if any one has them and wut they think thanks alot guys

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
after i started running them in my rear 44, i noticed my wheel bearings started making some noises. Of course they are probably alittle old and need to be replaced but i think they can add a little bit of stress on them. I think once i replace the bearings it will be fine, but i still think it can add a bit of stress on the bearings.

·
Size Matters (.)(.)
3,659 Posts
I wouldn't buy the spidertraxx due to the price. You can get spacers on eBay that are made of the same material and have grade 8 hardware for much much cheaper. I got 4 1.5" spacers for $110. ($55 per pair).

I have never had any issues with mine on my trail rig, however I would not run them on a DD.

My $0.02

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
I wouldn't buy the spidertraxx due to the price. You can get spacers on eBay that are made of the same material and have grade 8 hardware for much much cheaper. I got 4 1.5" spacers for $110. ($55 per pair).

I have never had any issues with mine on my trail rig, however I would not run them on a DD.

My $0.02
So spend another $90 and be safe. Yeah totally not worth it. :fish:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The ones on ebay are fine.........6061 billet is 6061 billet no matter where you are. Unless you wanna pay another $90 for the pretty blue anodizing. The neighbor guy ran the ones from ebay for a year and a half with no problems til someone stole his jeep for the wheels and tires then burned it.

·
Size Matters (.)(.)
3,659 Posts
So spend another $90 and be safe. Yeah totally not worth it. :fish:
I wouldn't run them on my DD only because of the extra wear on the ball joints and other axle components. It has nothing to do with the brand of spacer.

The ones on ebay are fine.........6061 billet is 6061 billet no matter where you are. Unless you wanna pay another $90 for the pretty blue anodizing.
Exactly. :thumb:

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
I wouldn't run them on my DD only because of the extra wear on the ball joints and other axle components. It has nothing to do with the brand of spacer. :thumb:
Ok just a miss understanding. Sorry. I don't see how they will give you more stress on parts. They would be the same as a wheel with a differnet offset, IMO.

I used them to make my 5" BS rims 3.5".

·
If It Aint ruf It Aint Me
278 Posts
Im glad i found this topic.
I have a 1999 XJ, 4.5 inch lift. 32" x 11.50" x 15" tires, Wheels are 15" x 8"rock crawlers.
I believe they have a 3.75" back spacing.
I put on BW fender flares, Now i hate the way it makes my tires look small.
So i was wondering about getting spacer's, I see the BLUE spider ones for $ 99.00 a pair.
I also see them on ebay, Im wondering if i put wheel spacers on, if it will give it a better look and stance. And how think of spacers do i even want to get.
Thanks for your Opinions

·
Size Matters (.)(.)
3,659 Posts
Im glad i found this topic.
I have a 1999 XJ, 4.5 inch lift. 32" x 11.50" x 15" tires, Wheels are 15" x 8"rock crawlers.
I believe they have a 3.75" back spacing.
I put on BW fender flares, Now i hate the way it makes my tires look small.
So i was wondering about getting spacer's, I see the BLUE spider ones for $ 99.00 a pair.
I also see them on ebay, Im wondering if i put wheel spacers on, if it will give it a better look and stance. And how think of spacers do i even want to get.
Thanks for your Opinions
In my opinion, yes they give you a "better" meaning wider more stable stance and if the flares you added are wide the spacers will also help the look. As for the width, that is a guess-timate. I added 1.5" spacers for the same reasons you stated and it was just right. For the reasons you listed and not seeing your Jeep I would say 1.5 - 2" spacers would suit you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.