Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about the brands out there, just looking for a small, light helmet, for rough spots on the trail.

There was a thread on pirate about more and more people wearing helmets, and with taking Patrick out next year, I want him to have one. SO thinking I should lead by example. The Toyota is pretty narrow at the headline and its easy to smack the window/doorframe in a bad spot or rollerover.

Just thinking something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SixSixOne-661-D...ryZ42327QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ooh, they even have one for MrClean :tonka:

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
I've got a FLY-606 Helmet.. Great Helmet for the money ! i dropped 130 for it.. which is awsome for a snell-2005 MX style

Shoei is the best out there.. HJC is good too both pricey.. Fly makes a good helmet for the buck

·
8,046 Posts
I think it's a good idea, but someone's gonna call you window licker. I'm guessing Kelly.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
get a hockey helmet

·
Pwned
230 Posts
limewire=spware/viruses wanna download full cds at 900k a second let me know. I pay 20$ month for a private network but everything i download works great and the quality is great. newzbin.com and newshosting.com is the server. check into it. only nerd secret im letting out tonight.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
limewire=spware/viruses wanna download full cds at 900k a second let me know. I pay 20$ month for a private network but everything i download works great and the quality is great. newzbin.com and newshosting.com is the server. check into it. only nerd secret im letting out tonight.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I have a Pro-tec and it fits well, both my wife and I have some 661 armor and it is quality gear, so their helmets might be similar.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, thanks for the replies :)

I hit my head pretty cool in the first rollover in tellico last year, been thinking about it ever since. Like I said, the Toyota cabs are narrow, I measured them around 6" narrower than a TJ (I was thinking of adapting a TJ soft top to cut off my roof....).

Plus, we are hoping to eventually turn the truck into a tube chassic buggy, so I'd want it then, anyway...

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I don't know anything about the brands out there, just looking for a small, light helmet, for rough spots on the trail.

There was a thread on pirate about more and more people wearing helmets, and with taking Patrick out next year, I want him to have one. SO thinking I should lead by example. The Toyota is pretty narrow at the headline and its easy to smack the window/doorframe in a bad spot or rollerover.

Just thinking something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SixSixOne-661-D...ryZ42327QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ooh, they even have one for MrClean :tonka:

I have a pro Tec that is very similar to the ones you posted. I use it for mountain biking. Also when I used to waterski jump we wore pro Tec helmets also, comfy and not too hot.

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
Go to your local Play It Again Sports Store...... I'm sure you'll be able to find all sorts of helmets from Bicycle helmets, football helmets, and Hockey Helmets to baseball helmets, equestrian helmets, and skateboarding helmets.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a Pro-Tec classic skate coming in the mail, I'll see how I like it. if I don't like it, it'll be for my passengers, and I'll get something else.

The Giro Bad Lieutenant helmets are pretty cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts