Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TJ 2" Coil Spacers. Used once by a buddy of mine, but it was too much lift for his Jeep and caused him to swerve all over the road. So he took them off the next day.

$50. Located just south of Flint, MI. I can ship them too if you pay shipping.

-Brandon

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to get an alignment when you lift a vehicle with inverted-Y steering. Otherwise, the lift increases toe-in. That's why he was swerving around. The two front tires were fighting each other.

Well, the main problem was he pushed his suspension over 6" without a longarm kit, I believe.

-Brandon

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Well, the main problem was he pushed his suspension over 6" without a longarm kit, I believe.

-Brandon
If he did that without an alignment, sure. Longarm/shortarm does not affect lift height or steering geometry. It affects the arc in which the axle will travel up and down. More lift on a shortarm will just ride harder.

Any change in distance between the axle centerline and the pitman arm will result in a misalignment when working with an inverted-Y steering system. If he put the spacers in and his drag link was not parallel to his track bar, what he was feeling was a lot of bump steer. Bump steer + misalignment = teh suxors, but its correctable. Just some things to think about if he wants to try it again. :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
okay well id like to buy them,
im willin to offer 60$ for the springs plus around 20 for shipping if that helps any?
unless the other two give you a better offer.. let me know please!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts