Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you think of the president's speech?

I read that he had a 76% approval for what he said last night. He hit a home run with what he laid out for what his accomplishments were and the direction he wants this country to go.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
I thought that he did a good job overall. I also was happy to see folks from the other side of the aisle applauding and standing quite a bit. Call me ignorant, but I'm optimistic that things will get better in regards to the left and the right negotiations moving forward.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,002 Posts
Missed it.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that he did a good job overall. I also was happy to see folks from the other side of the aisle applauding and standing quite a bit. Call me ignorant, but I'm optimistic that things will get better in regards to the left and the right negotiations moving forward.
Trump did an amazing job at getting out his message. Some dems did stand and applaud which was good. But the important issues they sat there stone cold and looking like they would be unwilling to budge.
I'm hopeful.

Missed it.
Watch it, you missed a great speech. Try to not let the media spin machine change what he actually said.

Usa! Usa! Usa!
That was great, he even had the dems chanting USA, USA.:usa:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
I thought is was more bullshit.

I did not watch it, but that what it was I believe they all are. Probably some "better" signs from both sides, I will be more enthused when the state of the union is brought by our President with people in attendance. Not by our Republican president with Democrats and Republicans in attendance.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,002 Posts
I thought is was more bullshit.

I did not watch it, but that what it was I believe they all are. Probably some "better" signs from both sides, I will be more enthused when the state of the union is brought by our President with people in attendance. Not by our Republican president with Democrats and Republicans in attendance.
The SOTU speech is specifically intended for congress per the US Constitution.

He shall from time to time give to Congress information of the State of the Union and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.

— Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
The SOTU speech is specifically intended for congress per the US Constitution.
Said what I said. I just choose to be a smartass and voiced my dislike for the two party system.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,002 Posts
Watch it, you missed a great speech. Try to not let the media spin machine change what he actually said.
I'll try to find the time, busy with real life issues right now. I'm guessing I'll be less impressed than you were.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,002 Posts
I made it through the first 15 minutes during lunch. So far it's mostly sound bites, campaign slogans, and self back patting. Nothing of substance.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made it through the first 15 minutes during lunch. So far it's mostly sound bites, campaign slogans, and self back patting. Nothing of substance.
It gets better. I think he really put out an olive branch for democrats and wanting to work together.
He spoke about a lot of issues that the dems want and that he has done.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
I wanted a hockey style fight to break out at that moment and who ever is left stand to remain in congress:usa::usa::usa::usa:
That's what happens in Russian state of the union addresses. :teehee:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts