Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Skymaster
2,514 Posts
My sales guy at abc warehouse said the curved is a gimmick and those tvs are junk. I bought a curved Samsung from walmart until I had time to get to abc (sales guy works at one an hour away) and had issues with the sound cutting out and not recognizing inputs. I have a 55" lg led now that looks good. I think I paid $800 for it about 1.5 yrs ago. Previous to that I had a 3d samsung plasma that was a floor model and lasted me about 6 years. Replaced a couple boards on it but the picture was great

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
The first one is the one I got. 350.00 for a 55" smart tv. Great picture with wifi bluetooth internet. Works for me.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The first one is the one I got. 350.00 for a 55" smart tv. Great picture with wifi bluetooth internet. Works for me.
I was pretty on board with it until I started reading reviews. It's actually written up in articles as being one of the worse Samsung produced. Quality control is all over the place with that model.

·
O.G.
4,283 Posts
We have had good luck with the Best Buy in house brand. It is unfortunate but I look at the TVs as a throwaway thing now with how low the prices have turned.

·
2002 Chevy S-10 PU ZR2
95 Posts
Sounds like a power supply issue. If you decide to repair yourself, check out
https://www.shopjimmy.com/ for replacement modules.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
Looking at these right now... not sure why the one Samsung is twice the price yet. I need to look at the specs. I don't need fancy.
Did you decide on one yet? If so, which one?

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did you decide on one yet? If so, which one?
Nope still fried hanging on the wall. It's been a lot easier to control how much TV the kids get with only one during this pandemic. I just go downstairs and turn the news on and they leave :sonicjay:

My wife commented how much it sucks though, she usually sits in the upstairs living room with her coffee in the morning :sonicjay:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
Nope still fried hanging on the wall. It's been a lot easier to control how much TV the kids get with only one during this pandemic. I just go downstairs and turn the news on and they leave :sonicjay:

My wife commented how much it sucks though, she usually sits in the upstairs living room with her coffee in the morning :sonicjay:

:sonicjay: Well that's one way to get the kids to cut back.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts

Wow. When will you learn HW=HL? :fish:

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
I have 3 of the 55" "TCL 55S425 55" 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV" TV's. I get them when they're on sale for $199. My oldest one is 1.5 yrs old and is in my barn at 90 deg in the summer and 40 deg in the winter. I know the CTOR guys bought 7-10 of them last black friday as well. For $200, how long does it really need to last?

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have 3 of the 55" "TCL 55S425 55" 4K UHD LED Roku Smart TV" TV's. I get them when they're on sale for $199. My oldest one is 1.5 yrs old and is in my barn at 90 deg in the summer and 40 deg in the winter. I know the CTOR guys bought 7-10 of them last black friday as well. For $200, how long does it really need to last?
I agree to a point, I want a decent picture though too as that TV tends to get watched the most.

I personally like the basement TV myself, it's bigger and better for movies. But upstairs wins with the day to day stuff because the kids are spilling on the laminate instead of the carpet :sonicjay:

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,385 Posts
sounds like a good option:thumb:

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
I agree to a point, I want a decent picture though too as that TV tends to get watched the most.

I personally like the basement TV myself, it's bigger and better for movies. But upstairs wins with the day to day stuff because the kids are spilling on the laminate instead of the carpet :sonicjay:
I have one sitting next to a sharp I paid 8X that amount for and we use the $200 one every time FWIW.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have one sitting next to a sharp I paid 8X that amount for and we use the $200 one every time FWIW.
I'll have to keep an eye out, cheapest I found that one searching yesterday was almost $300, for that money I'll buy the Samsung I was looking at.

·
The Green Machine
4,196 Posts
I Have 2 LG's 7k series and a 1 Samsung 7k series. I think the picture on the LG is a little bit better, but I am very happy with all of them. The Samsung is the tv in our theater, a 75", it has a very crisp display with no blurring (once you tweak all the settings), and the blacks are pretty good. Occasionally they look blotchy, but not very often.

www.rtings.com is a good site to look at reviews, each tv is better for a certain type of viewing, ie video games, movies, sports, bright lit rooms, dim lit rooms.....

They also have all the settings to adjust to get the best picture out of them, which is usually turning off all the software enhancing features and display the content exactly how it comes out of the source. I was ready to return the Samsung when I used it right out of the box, but after adjusting the settings, the picture is great.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts