Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good bad and the ugly '

is this thing any good. i dont really need a HD camcorder just looking for a middle of the line camcorder.

recieved 350 dollars to be used on a camcorder.

what would you buy.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have the DCR-SR82, I think its just got more hard drive space.

I didn't buy it, it was a family gift so we could record the kids (and unkowingly to my parents every single off-road trip!!!).

It doesn't have a built in light, but the night feature works pretty darn good. Uploading movies is fine, easy, just dock it and click a button.

One negative I find on mine is the quality settings, even on low are too good! I want to upload to YouTUbe, but the file sizes are huge, I bought Sony Vegas Movie Studio and use that to create and downsize the vids. Number two would be that sometimes on closer stuff the focus acts funky, takes more than a second to get right, but usually only on the close stuff when I first turn it on.

Its compact, quick on, easy to use and basically never run out of space for recording. I would recommend the biggest battery, there is no view finder so you have to use the flip out video screen to see what your recording and it does use the juice. Although I've never ran out of battery life yet, I have 2 batteries and I recorded most of the TRRC last year.

Lucas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts