Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
Well I know this much, I don't want shri thanedar.... Honestly, I need to do some more research, I've been very busy lately and haven't had time to look into all the candidates.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Well I know this much, I don't want shri thanedar.... Honestly, I need to do some more research, I've been very busy lately and haven't had time to look into all the candidates.
Shri boosts he is progressive, in real world words. He is a flaming hardcore liberal democrat. That's more than enough to know he is not the right guy for the job.
Michigan would suffer under that.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
I have a feeling that similar to the Shri guy, whatever democrat runs will beat the drum that the Flint water issue is completely the fault of the governor and by extension the Republican candidate.

But they'll forget about what a mess Granholm left behind. Hopefully the Republicans will trot out pictures of her, and remind the voters what is was like under her "leadership".

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
I have a feeling that similar to the Shri guy, whatever democrat runs will beat the drum that the Flint water issue is completely the fault of the governor and by extension the Republican candidate.

But they'll forget about what a mess Granholm left behind. Hopefully the Republicans will trot out pictures of her, and remind the voters what is was like under her "leadership".
Agreed. We are finally, FINALLY out of debt in this state, I personally don't want some flaming liberal to fawk that up.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts

Don't forget "in 5 years you will be blown away" :teehee:

Yes, Shri scares the shit out of me.
I'm not a fan of our Lt Governor who is running ~ he will just be an extension of Snyder.
I don't know who else is running.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,002 Posts
Don't forget "in 5 years you will be blown away" :teehee:

Yes, Shri scares the shit out of me.
I'm not a fan of our Lt Governor who is running ~ he will just be an extension of Snyder.
I don't know who else is running.
Ironically, Shri's selling point of "the most progressive person running" makes me not want to vote for him, but your point of Calley being an extension of Snyder makes me consider voting for him.

I too have not looked into who else is running, but a quick search found this page; https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/02/candidates-michigan-governor-election/981234001/

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Ironically, Shri's selling point of "the most progressive person running" makes me not want to vote for him, but your point of Calley being an extension of Snyder makes me consider voting for him.

I too have not looked into who else is running, but a quick search found this page; https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/02/candidates-michigan-governor-election/981234001/
I don't think most people know what "most progressive" means. They make it sound like a good thing and in turn voters without reading into what the candidate has to offer just put an "x" next to his name.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts

While the Flint water crisis was a complete debacle, I don't think Snyder has done a bad job running the state. We are out of debt for the first time in decades. I guess if it came down to Calley vs. Shri, I'd be inclined to vote Calley... We have a ways to go though, and other candidates to look at.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,002 Posts
This should be the end of Shri...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shri-thanedar-animals-rescued-from-lab_us_5ae12c41e4b055fd7fc7be6c

So many reasons to hate him there. Animal lover? Yes, he ran a company the tested things on dogs and monkey. Thing big pharma is part of the problem with healthcare cost? Yes, he was a part of that. Questionable business practices, yes, he's got that going for him also.

Claims to be the "most progressive" democrat, but apparently also considered running as a republican.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shri-thanedar-animals-rescued-from-lab_us_5ae12c41e4b055fd7fc7be6c

So many reasons to hate him there. Animal lover? Yes, he ran a company the tested things on dogs and monkey. Thing big pharma is part of the problem with healthcare cost? Yes, he was a part of that. Questionable business practices, yes, he's got that going for him also.

Claims to be the "most progressive" democrat, but apparently also considered running as a republican.
i saw that last night. I agree, it should be...

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts

He's still trying. Not much longer to primary. Still seems reasonably quiet.

Seems like I'm hearing most from Widmer on the Dem side and a little from Calley on the Repub side. Is that the case, or am I missing something?

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
He's still trying. Not much longer to primary. Still seems reasonably quiet.

Seems like I'm hearing most from Widmer on the Dem side and a little from Calley on the Repub side. Is that the case, or am I missing something?
I've seen several adds for Bill Schuette and Sandy Pensler on the Republican side, and Whittmer and Shri on the Democrat side.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts